pic.twitter.com/Vs2m7H4H2R. Here is a look at all moves covered by TV reporter Rob Owen in 2021 (so far): Departures &#9679 . Savannah Guthrie tested positive for COVID-19 during Tuesday's "Today" show broadcast. The video includes recordings of her bosses saying she should not have asked about hydroxychloroquine in an interview with Dr. Joseph Varon, chief of staff at United Memorial Medical Center, who used the drug as part of a cocktail to treat COVID-19 patients. Danny Fujikawa Mother Melissa Linehan Is Getting Her Backyard Remodeled On TV, Yellowstones Lilli Kay Announces Relationship With Girlfriend Juli Kocemba With PDA on Instagram, Olivier Richters Girlfriend Desiree Stuijt Is Not Only His Lover But Also His Best Friend, Brittney Palmer Bio: Family, Husband & Net Worth, Molly Eskam Age, Net Worth & All Biography Updated Dec 2022, Morgan Ketzner Wiki, Bio, Age, Boyfriend, Fitness and More. Dominiques career began in local radio, as a Metro Traffic reporter for a variety of stations. Former Fox31 sports reporter Taylor Brooks tweeted this photo on May 26, her last day at the station. Ojeda joined KPRC 2 in March 2015. ST. LOUIS - Sandy Miller is leaving FOX 2 next month and retiring after 25 years in the television industry. I am thrilled to be returning to KPRC News, my home for the past 7 years, in a new and exciting role. Local News and Information for Spokane, Washington and surrounding areas. Now 73 and living in Benton Harbor, Michigan, Camp began her gender transition six years ago. Randy Wimbley, a reporter at WJBK-TV (Fox 2 Detroit), will leave the station this week, he announced in a Facebook post Friday. Its a choice that people listen and watch us, and I just want to thank people for trusting us and watching us, Tysdal said in her teary goodbye earlier this month. And over at KDVR/KWGN, Natalie Tysdal and Sam Boik chose to end their time on TV for now. Houston viewers will remember Ojeda from her seven years reporting, and most recently anchoring KPRC 2 News Today Weekends. Feb 6, 2023. Readers of the Houston Press and Houston Chronicle choose Dominique as their favorite when it comes to best newscaster or local personality. Robservations: Sports anchors away Lauren Magiera leaves WGN, Kaitlin Sharkey leaves Fox 32; The Score picks up Gabe Ramirez, My childhood dream became the honor of a lifetime, Robservations: Sun-Times moving to Old Post Office; ABC 7 opens weekend anchor slot; Medill tracks local news decline, Robservations: StreetWise raises cover price; Sventoonie takes a break; Friends of Chicago Reporter mark 50. He had worked for KHOU for two years. She joined KPRC 2 in 1993. Vail's International Student Workers Feel Left Out in the Cold Over High Housing Costs, Help Prevent Car Theft: Let the Denver Police Department Track Your Stolen Vehicle's Location, "Western Water Girl" Uses TikTok to Make a Splash on Colorado Water Issues. During her tenure, the professional news anchor never shied away from reflecting her work enthusiasm posting videos from her office on her social media. Thank you always!!". Its sad to say Goodbye Houston but my last day w/ @KHOU is this TUE. Well, makes sense to me now due to the fact Aragon is on the channel 2 space beat. Robert K. Elder, Chicago journalist, author and digital media executive, has been named president and chief executive officer of Outrider Foundation, a nonprofit media group based in Madison, Wisconsin, focusing on security issues, public policy and social justice. Not only was I back in my hometown, but I also returned to the station where I got my start in the news as an intern in 2005.". She is currently the co-anchor of the NBC4 KNBC Los Angeles morning newscast "Today in LA." Additionally, the KPRC crew honored his work and paid respect and appreciation to him during his vacation. Check the full bio for relationship details. That doesnt make it any easier to say goodbye to someone who feels like Houstons sweetheart. Orlando Sanchez joined the KGW team in Portland, Oregon, in September 2016 as sports anchor and sports reporter for KGW News, Sports Sunday and Friday Night Flights. Her Age Height. She enjoys binge-watching anime and films makeup tutorials in her spare time. Wimbley's coverage at the station included the 2013 Detroit mayoral race, controversy over Project Greenlight and the Oxford High School shooting case, according to his Fox 2 biography. He did, however, leave KPRC on February 2, 2022, after nearly two years as an anchor and reporter. Britta Merwin, who had been the morning meteorologist for KPRC, left in May to become morning co-host for Fox Weather, CultureMap reported at the time. WKRN News 2 | Meet the Team WKRN News 2 Sign Up Nashville 73 News Middle TN Crime Tracker Nashville Clarksville Murfreesboro Tennessee Kentucky Tennessee Politics Black History Month. We want to thank Christine Nol for her hard work and professionalism, says KPRC 2 Vice President & General Manager Phil Lane. Christine Nol has announced she is leaving KPRC 2. Make a one-time donation today for as little as $1. Freeman's last day in TV news was on Friday, while Monday marks the start of Nol's final week at KPRC 2. A post shared by Lauren Freeman (@kprc2lauren), On Instagram, Freeman wrote that following her retirement, she is moving on to other adventures, like attending her kids' sports events, spending more time with her family, and starting a new business. Following his departure, Wimbley will take a position with the communications team at Detroit Metro Airport. I have missed the Houston community so much and missed being able to provide important and accurate information to everyone who depends on us, Ojeda says. Meteorologist Stephen Morgan (who is married to Steven Romo, below)left Fox 26 in October to join the FOX Weather team in New York City. They will make a great team. He has not, however, revealed many details about his personal life to the media. Denver's independent source of To my dear friends and colleagues- thank you. Gundetection data raises concernsAftermath | West Texas town looks like Mars after dust stormGrind | Houston is the No. Summer Knowles will co-anchor WESH 2 News at 4 p.m. with Stewart Moore as well as at 6 p.m. and . Chris Jose, after five years with Atlanta's Channel 2 Action News (WSB-TV), has landed a reporter job at the NBC affiliate in New York City WNBC-TV. Garcia, who graduated cum laude from Texas State University in San Marcos with a degree in electronic media, started her on-screen career at an ABC station in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas. As of 2023, she is around 39 years old. A self-described cinephile, Balogun joined KPRC as a reporter in November. She was named 2002 and 2007s Best Television Personality by the Houston Chapter of American Women in Radio and Television, and newscasts she has anchored have won multiple Lone Star Emmy awards. The Emmy and National Edward R. Murrow Award winner covered other news too, as you can tell from the above video of her live report from the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. He did, however, leave KPRC on February 2, 2022, after nearly two years as an anchor and reporter. A former general assignment reporter and fill-in anchor at Fox 26, Ivory Hecker was fired by the station after going off-script in a live 5 p.m. broadcast on June 14. A valued part of our KPRC 2 News team, Christine joined us in February 2019 and has gone on to anchor our Noon & 4:00 p.m. newscasts, also filling in at 5, 6 & 10 p.m. During her time at KPRC 2, Christine has covered numerous stories, including the 2020/21 Tokyo Olympics, the Astros 2021 trip to the World Series, and played a pivotal role in our Bells for Abigail series. Previously, she was a community news and breaking news reporter for the Austin American-Statesman. Since then, Dominiques intensity yet ease on the anchor desk, as well as her down-to-earth demeanor, have been revered by Houston viewers and the rest is history as they say. "Vic Faust no longer works for. Jennifer Reyna joined KHOU on Nov. 1, covering weekday morning traffic from 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Traffic reporter Jennifer Reyna, known on social media as JRey, returned to Houston to join KHOU on Nov. 1, covering weekday early morning traffic from 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. alongside meteorologist Chita Craft and anchors Stephanie Simmons and Kimberly Davis. by Marathi.TV Editorial Team. You can continue to follow me on Instagram at ojedasays as this account will deactivate by next week. HOUSTON We are excited to announce that former KPRC 2 weekend news anchor Sofia Ojeda will return to anchor KPRC 2 News Today alongside Owen Conflenti, and anchor Lisa Hernandez will be promoted to the Midday, Noon and 4 p.m. newscasts. She's been hired as a reporter for WSB-TV (2) in Atlanta, by far the top local station in the market. Rascon, who has co-anchored the midday and 5 p.m. newscast for 23 years, said he wanted to focus on personal and community service projects. I look forward to sleeping in on weekend mornings and no 1am, 2am, 3am wake up calls. Bill Sharpe, the legendary local television anchor who worked at Charleston's WCSC for nearly half a century and documented some of the Holy City's most tragic events, announced . I have learned so much and have grown tremendously. He thanked loved ones, colleagues and community members for their support and work together during his time at the station. She had been featured on the morning show as a traffic anchor. According to Chriss argument, he wanted to spend quality time with his family before COVID-19 grabbed these opportunities in the coming years. "Thank you for allowing me to use this platform to serve you. "I will be making videos, doing interviews, and bringing you interesting stories. What Happened To Chris Gutierrez KPRC? New digital release highlights for the week of . Chris Gutierrez is a happily married man, having been in a relationship with his expensive wife Krystle Gutierrez for some years. Chris Gutierrez worked as an energetic anchor and reporter at KPRC for several years before leaving in February 2022. Meet the people who report on the weather, news, and sports in St. Louis, Missouri. (Here is the link.) "I find solace in knowing my reporting helped many of you along your way.". Wimbley's last day at Fox 2 will be Tuesday. Tysdal, a staple of Daybreak on Channel 2, has worked in Denver for 20 years and says she will tell stories on YouTubewhile staying in the city. SOLE CARDOZO WIKI, BIOGRAPHY, AGE, FAMILY, CAREER, FACTS & MORE. This is how astronauts see Houston, Texas Gulf from space with unaided eyes, Who is Justin Dirden? You can find a comprehensive archive of his material here. A member of the 7 Action News morning team since 2015, LaFlamme posted the news of her departure Monday afternoon on social media Romo had been with KTRK since 2016. Its never too late to do what you want and are meant to do. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. The weekend morning anchor/reporter has two children. There, she broadcast live from the 2016 Rio Olympics and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Houston media blogger Mike McGuff notes Gutierrez' exit comes a few weeks after his co-anchor . Its that daily one-on-one interaction that Ill miss the most. Between 2003 and 2007, Chris Gutierrez worked at KPRC for a period of time. Some highlights include covering President George W. Bushs inauguration in January 2001 and Pope John Paul IIs visit to Mexico City canonizing Juan Diego in 2002. We wish Dominique all the best; she will always be considered a Houston institution and a part of our KPRC 2 family!. It takes a team effort to produce a quality news product, and Im so proud of this teams character, integrity, and accomplishments. There's a new face on Fox 2's morning team. Michael has been co-anchor of KCBS-TV Channel 2's premier newscasts at 5, 6 and 11 p.m. for more than three years. Meet the Astros prospect tearing up Spring Training, Texas tornados destroy homes, leave 300,000 without power, Proposed Texas bill would offer 12 weeks of paid family leave, Heres how you can watch 'Daisy Jones and the Six', Texas Republican wants to ban access to abortion websites, Dallas Morning News reporter calls mayor 'bruh,' gets fired. He is a senior studying philosophy, computer science and journalism at Duke University. "After many months of reflection and prayer, I know this is the right time for me. Edwards also serves as a CBS 2 Investigator along with Dave Savini, Dorothy . A Houston native, Froehlich began his television career as a production assistant with KPRC in 1999 before debuting on air as an anchor and reporter at KREX in Grand Junction, Colorado. Whether movers in Fort Collins are helping you Jake Shapiro is a breaking news reporter at The Denver Post. 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, To get these special tacos, drive out to the Houston Ship Channel, 'This is about profit': Houston leaders condemn HISD takeover, Principal fired for reading 'I Need a New Butt!' 2023 www.freep.com. She will also focus on continuing to expand her social media empire, as her YouTube channel already has an impressive 1.52 million subscribers. This is a carousel. I'll be focusing on health, book reviews, educational stories, parenting, and even some home decor.". I have always known that chair was not mine, Edwards replied to my inquiry. In 2006, she presented a compelling series on inflammatory breast cancer, along with a phone bank to answer viewers questions. I could not be more excited to announce that I have officially hung my real estate license with Keller Williams Integrity in Cherry Creek, he wrote on Twitter in January. Houston truly is a special place and one I will hold near and dear to my heart. Green, an Emmy-award winning meteorologist, debuted the stations Sunday morning show with anchor, reporter and fellow New York native Lauren Talarico in Jan. 2020. The College of New Jersey grad interned with WABC in both the station's news and sports departments. Chris Gutierrezs experience at KPRC. Kimberly Davis joined KHOU in June as a morning anchor for #HTownRush. But its mainly service to community, which is how Ive always seen my role and will continue to do so in my new endeavors, Dominique said. The move begins Monday, November 14, 2022. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, In The Know, to get entertainment news sent straight to your inbox. The Headline Club established the awards in 1977. News Team Cory Stark Anchor Cory anchors News 4 at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weeknights. Lets see if he has started a new job since the last time we spoke. Maurielle Lue, the anchor, was born on March 25, 1985; Lue is running in her mid-30s. They become familiar faces to regular viewers. February 13, 2017. With McDonough's move comes a few other anchor swaps at Central Florida's NBC and CW affiliates. Starting May 2, Donlon will anchor the 5, 6 and 10 p.m. Monday-through-Friday newscasts with Irika Sargent. A University of Houston graduate, Reyna debuted on local television in 2006 as a traffic reporter with KPRC. On the other side, others speculate that he may require well-being points in order to leave KPRC. You are just minutes from Greenwood & Myers Mortuary is the first choice for many families when they are seeking funeral services in Boulder. But over the past year-plus, the pace of such departures has increased markedly, and many of those moving on have done so not to climb the broadcast-journalism ladder, but to start over in entirely new careers. She is a graduate of The College of New Jersey with a degree in Communications and is fluent in Spanish. Former Channel 7 sports anchor Don Shane, remembered as diligent mentor, dies at age 70, Former WDIV-TV host Jason Carr is back with own show on Facebook for Detroit viewers, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy.