Control4 offers a la carte options, so each package varies based on the customer. I was lucky enough to have access to URCs senior sales engineer, Shawn Stermer (who covers my area), and national sales manager, Lee Rambler, who kickstarted my project and were available when I hit a roadblock. Atlanta, GA 30324, T: 678.679.3406 I have been an integrator for over 10 years. Most importantly, the system retains URCs ability to customize button layouts and programming, adding greater flexibility for the end-user, and making the system especially adept at handling things like multiple screen control, with the Accelerator software helping alleviate some of the programming. It takes very little time to program and the whole thing just works. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. In summary, we found out that a system that is fully featured, intuitive to operate AND less expensive than Crestron is a unicorn. Displaying posts 31 through 38. Add a Comment. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The URC MCS Tool is a powerful adjunct to Total Control that allows dealers to view systems in "real time" for enhanced diagnostics, monitoring, reporting and other troubleshooting tools. Showroom (By Appt) Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIYs, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Results of the CE Pro 100 annual Brand Analysis for 2019 (from data collected in 2018) show Control4 at 68%, followed by Crestron (45%), Savant (42% . What most people dont realize is how many buttons you need to press to get to see, hear or control what you want. Total Control URC Home Automation Installation In Oxford. The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com: URC vs. RTI vs. Control4 vs. AMX vs. Savant. I was tired of the endless tweaking on programming and the time it took to program the whole thing and then to download to almost all devices once the programming was changed. 32 Queenstown Rd, Battersea, London SW8 3RX. The 9100 was especially great for using the third-party Kaleidescape driver I installed from Chowmain (chowmainsoft.com). Introducing KINETIQ, Atlantas leader in AV and Automation. We Are A Recommend Installer For Control4. https://www.urc-automation.com; 800-901-0800, Kudos: Offers all of the programming flexibility URC is known for; Voice Remote is a great touch; lots of integration solutions, Concerns: Like any control system, performance tied to the programming. C4 has been great for me. Soooo intuitive, right? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. View our lineup of touch screens and remotes. View our audio, contact closure, current, light, video and voltage sensors. you might be surprised at what you learn there from other dealers.Make friends have a few drinks, ask questions. Even dumber is using the Control4 navigator on your TV screen. Savant has a reasonably priced remote control at $499. I install both URC & C4 by the way. It is nice of get home tired from work and have the system working flawlessly. Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here! The layout of the latter will actually be decided by the integrator and we would be happy to show you, on request, our own take on the Crestron interface. The Total Control 2.0 suite includes wall-mounted touch-screens, tabletop tablets, remotes and iOS/Android apps for control from anywhere. One thing Rti lacks in is support (in the UK at least)not scared to say it, control4 support and Technical is a god send. Also handy is that any macro created by Accelerator can be converted to an Alexa skill, quickly cutting down on some further programming. Current passions are IT and video security/access control. Upload or insert images from URL. And, to truly get the most out of Accelerator and therefore your Total Control projects and installations I daresay you need the training, too. E: sales@kinetiqsmarthome.com, Home Automation vs Integrated Home Automation, Home Automation Bill of Rights: Automated Remote Controls, KINETIQ awarded Lutrons coveted Black Diamond status. Your link has been automatically embedded. Update my browser now, Home Many companies now require some formal training before you are authorized to sell their product, followed by many more days/weeks/months of practical, on-the-job training as programmers learn the subtle nuances and tricks of a given programming software. Hardware reliability? Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it. I hope whatever your company uses, it works out well for you, but I personally don't think SnapAV/Control4 can be beat. This more advanced control thing is not for them. We Offer Control4 Offsite Programming Jan 20, 2020 . Total Control far out does any system available for it's market. Also, with years of URCs CCP programming under my belt, I was pretty confident I could figure out Total Controls Accelerator and muddle my way through. With this you can easily do about anything that you can with a normal Alexa device, including setting timers and playing music from the remotes built-in speaker. Take control of the URC Total Control 2.0 home automation and control system and go mobile anytime, anywhere. Displaying posts 1 through 15. It really helps with pressing direction buttons rapidly, etc. With Total Control, URC demonstrates its ability to offer far more than just a one-room solution. as of late. We found lots of sub $1200 systems comprised of a central processor and remote control. When it comes to SMART home or SMART offices, we provide you with various solutions but the main brain will be by URC.URC control comes with various remote c. I know there is a Roku driver by a 3rd party company (Extra Vegatables) that will give you full access to the Roku if you put it into a video matrix (like your Altona recommendation). The sensor ports are kind of unique to URC and really create another great way to add reliability and customization to your install. The two issues that stood out as deal-breakers are their mobile app policy and the programming software. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Monitor the system remotely with offsite service and support. Enjoy integrated, whole-house smart lighting systems and control with URC's Total Control home lighting automation products. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Neither remote has any facility for one-touch operation (in fairness, a newly announced version has 3 one-touch keys, but they are stupidly labeled <.> <..> and <>). We eventually got used to it, but it is something to be aware of if it is going to be installed in a lived-in area of the home. With the variety of URC sensors audio, contact closure, current, light, video, and voltage you can detect a change in state and then have the system respond to that. However, what you really need or at least could immensely benefit from is one control system that ties all of these together. Our group of technicians are experienced in troubleshooting, design, and creative automation solutions. Reply. It can control up to 15 devices, including both . For most users this isn't a problem, but I am hoping to find a system that can send button presses nearly as fast as a keyboard (~16ms). The MC3 processor with an in-built wireless gateway compatible with Crestron remotes, lights, thermostats, door locks, and shades runs $1600. RTI wants to charge you for EACH one of these devices. 1 comment. Where does it stand these days (I'm getting back into the business after a year's vacation, so forgive me for being a little out of touch)? Total Control far out does any system available for it's market. Not bad if you are using an LED TV, but think about those of us with video projectors that take a minute or more to start up. Also, Accelerator does a really handy job auto-creating many of the macros and power management commands for you, keeping you from having to do some of the menial programming. I've written some software that tests the button latency on the URC Total Control remotes and controllers and it's fairly high (~120ms). HAAD Certified Dentists in Abu Dhabi. I prefer a combination of touchpanel and hardbuttons. Since this is a Control4 forum, I will point out that the last couple of CEDIAs (live ones, that is), that RTI's booth was like a ghost town, you could almost feel the tumbleweeds blowing through. Also you can use the alarm system to drive many events based on occupancy. Press J to jump to the feed. This subreddit topics about a wide variety of smart home products and IoT's. These cookies do not store any personal information. Recently URC as a company has been giving me a fit, and I am considering going back to RTI, its a shame, I'm very comfortable with their product but a few issues with my past few RMAs has me thinking I'll give RTI a chance again. Beyond hardwired Gigabit Ethernet for network control, there are eight 3.5mm IR ports with variable output, two configurable relays, two configurable 12-volt outputs, four 3.5mm RS-232 ports, and four 3.5mm sensor ports. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I've been using URC for a few years in my house both with Complete Control and now with Total Control, but I've been thinking about switching over to Control4. This app gives you full control of all the features and full functionality afforded by a Total Control 2 system installation . I agree with cshepard. Ive even ripped outold rti projects and replaced with control4. To help alleviate the cost of bringing in a demo system, URC has a provision where a dealer can earn their demo kit by selling two systems during a specified period. Control4's (and Crestron's) dip in 2014 was largely due to the establishment of URC in the whole-home automation category in 2013, after years of being known for its namesake universal remote controls. Controls audio and video equipment, as well as lights and scenes, media browsing, voice control, and more. I do not have experience with URC but I just got Control4 a few weeks ago. The QSX processor for HomeWorks creates a link between your HomeWorks system and the cloud, enabling control, integration, and monitoring of a HomeWorks system from a smartphone or tablet using the Lutron app. The Control4 EA5 controller includes a variety of inputs and outputs to control lights, door locks, and . England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Want to change one button on an Rti screen = Truck roll out. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. E: sales@kinetiqsmarthome.com. You cant really ask for a better try it, youll like it! offer. Another cool URC touch is the way the company integrates favorite and programming information. Somfy shades usually work well with C4. I know were in a C4-forum and people hererate it more as a plus, but especially for homecinemas, im still struggling with the limited customizeability of C4. View our dimmers, switches, modules, and more. I wish they would bring Yeungling into Texas. URC suggested some of these issues might have been due to my homes Luxul Epic Mesh network, which they recommend against using (and dont officially support), but that was the network environment I had to work with. Now, RadioRA 3 takes integration to another level. Its dim, low res and tiny. Our latest research project was to come up with an entry level and mid level product offering to complement our anything is possible Crestron systems at the high end. or is it completely off limits? And after watching Shawn and Lee make changes, as well as spending several hours poking around and making tweaks and changes on my own, I have a pretty good understanding of how Accelerator programming works, but Ive no doubt Im just scratching the surface of what my Total Control system is truly capable of, and would not yet feel confident jumping into a new system in a clients home. For most families, multiple iOS or Android devices are the norm. If you want even more from a home automation system, the Amazon Echo (4th Generation) has a dedicated Zigbee hub that can be used to control lots of smart home devices. Post 1 made on Tuesday August 16, 2011 at 21:51: Elite AV. Programming tends to be more straightforward which can result in a lower cost to install than a truly bespoke Crestron system. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. *KP-900/MX-900 Editor will work only if . Which brings us to Elan. Control4 has Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Napster, Deezer, Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal all native to every Control4 system. With the release of Total Control by URC I jumped off the Crestron ship. Little bit of background. I agree that you should consider integrating the alarm system. Compared to my usual Triad house-wide amplifier, the HDA-8100 had far more noticeable fan noise. These interfaces also made it easier to link rooms for listening to the same music source around the house. We evaluated systems from Control4, URC Total Control, RTI, Savant, Clare Controls and Elan. In short, its likely that URC will interface with your preferred subsystems. (Or you can go with Flex if you want total programming control.) home.. All Rights Reserved. Alternatively, a Crestron DIN-AP3 processor + RF gateway + URC MX-890 goes for $2300 with each additional remote $499. Now Available: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 19, http://residentialsystemsinc.com/control4-vs-savant-for-todays-smart-home/. While Sonos is purely an audio system, Control4 can do more than multiroom audio with their system. I have huge homes being controlled via control4 and equally rti. 1998-2023, Daniel Tonks. Instead of reaching for one remote to turn on your TV . - Scalability (easy to add/change things around the home) Both Control4 and URC program quickly easily, but are limited to preprogrammed interfaces, and don't give a lot of total customizing options. This more than wipes out the cost advantage on the controllers and makes people angry in the process. Very low battery consumption and it does what it is supposed to do. You have an intuitive mapping of functionality to the hardbuttons plus you have the ability to display additional information and added touchbuttons for additional functionality for which you wouldnt find a suitable hardbutton. But I've heard little or no mention of Elan g! This app allows you to control all your homes from one convenient location, whether they have HomeWorks, Caseta or RA2 Select. Depending on which features you choose, pricing can be anywhere from $1,000 to more than $50,000. Fortunately, on top of free online training, programming guides, and integration modules for many of their control drivers, URC offers live virtual training to ensure dealers can get the most out of systems, with the full Total Control training taking two eight-hour days. The HDA-8100 is an 88 matrix amplifier featuring 16 100-watt/channel ICEpower amplifiers capable of powering eight stereo zones, 16 mono zones, or any combination with the ability to route any of the eight RCA analog audio inputs and two coaxial digital inputs to any zone. Control4 Home Control: Best home automation integrated system. One of the things URC is most known for is handheld remote controls; I mean, its literally right there in the name. These beautiful remotes feel good in the hand, have an intuitive button layout perfect for one-handed operation, and . Available in Black. All rights reserved. Three of the home automation brands with which our installers are thoroughly experienced are Control4, Crestron and URC. Is it viable as a solution versus Control4? There is Lutron Caseta integration but theres no Nest or Sonos integration at this time. Display as a link instead, I only mention this because I understand why URC, C4, and others do not want to provide software to general end-users but hopefully people with reasonable programming experience should hopefully be allowed to DIY. We happened to be looking at redoing a multi-display system in a country club; something URCs flexible programming architecture handles especially well, and he suggested I bring a Total Control system in for review. It would be nice to be allowed a littlecustomization ofthe GUI but I understand the goal of the company - consistency. CONTROL4 - THE ULTIMATE SMART HOME CONTROL . These use either male or female DB-9 connections with standard pin-outs. That may be Crestron, Savant, C4, or AMX. A couple of years ago, they were right next door to Control4's booth. C4 has some well-priced options and they have an extensive list of compatible 3rd party devices. While URC offer its own Z-Wave lighting hardware, the system also integrates with a variety of other popular subsystems like Lutron and Vantage, which worked perfectly since my house is kitted out with Radio RA2 lighting and thermostats. Here at Synergy Multimedia, we are constantly evaluating the latest trends in home automation. Technically it is, but you dont do it because of personal bad experience. I grab my SR-260 and I can navigate in the darkness with no issues and without having to look down at all,try to do that with a touch screen remote. Technically, some home automation systems can control practically anything; however, actually trying to use one of these systems for this purpose could be an exercise in frustration. These products work together to form the technology ecosystem of your custom-programmed smart home or business. 2571 Piedmont Rd NE Suite 110 Cost? Featuring attractive user interfaces that raise visual interest, consistently rock-solid . Im interested as Im now a RTI dealer. Wow I should have proof read that, Had a few(or many) "Fat Tire" beers tonight (we can't get it here) and I LOVE the stuff! (URC actually showed this in action at CEDIA 2019 when the remote was launched.) RTI seemed like an interesting option. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. At first glance, the price seems right about $800 to start for a small controller and about $300 for a 2-way zigbee remote. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Hence, you cant afford to overlook the user interfaces importance. Lets go through how you turn on the Bluray player. Huh?). URC's Total Control user interfaces and remotes offer attractive GUIs, easy operation, and full control of your home or business. Nice! Ive personally programmed dozens of MX-780, -890, -980 remotes and the like, loving the flexibility of being able to place any programming on any button, with power tracking variables, push/hold programming, and more.