Sign Up. Even without a receipt! I wont use any other hot sauce but for some reason I was drawn to this last weekend. This stuff is so good! There was a problem adding this item to Cart. Anything cilantro in my household is a split decision. This is going to be a standard issue condiment in my house along with the Cholula hot sauce I get at Costco. Just got this on Saturday and have used it at almost every meal so far. This is a well balanced, fairly spicy option that gives you the heat you want with the right amount of tang. I started out putting this sauce on some chicken tacos and thought it was perfect. TRUFF's Signature Hot Sauce is the pinnacle of heat experience with an intricate blend of ripe red chili peppers, real black truffle, organic agave nectar, and savory spices. Feel free to shoot Mandy an email or @ her at Twitter for ideas and thoughts. For him, that is culinary Kryptonite. You will not be sorry, I agree! This is acidic, tart, and herbaceous. Can you recommend another similar sauce for green dragon lovers? It's great to dip Trader Joe's Chicken Shu Mai in. Everything that evil weed touches as fresh tastes like blergh, but maybe the act of being bottled has made the taste go away? Eggs, steak, chicken, and tacos immediately come to mind as good pairings. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes SLICED FRENCH BRIOCHE BREAD | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (Mostly Raves with a few rants! Would I Buy It Again: This bottle should last me a while, but I might pick up another one in a year next year. The Green Dragon Sauce has the following ingredients: There is nothing on the label that indicates the spiciness of the sauce. We don't like hot sauce to just be hot. Fantastic. It is the best possible thing to go with the Trader Joe's mac and cheese not to mention eggs, burritos, tacos, and well anything you would like a nice hot sauce on. Product Description: Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce is a spicy and flavor sauce that brings a reasonable amount of heat. Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joesfor asearchablelist. Learn More. bottle. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Its nothing like the ubiquitous Red Rooster Sriracha, which is a good thing. Thanks Mark. (Amazon). Now I would easily say Trader Joes GREEN DRAGON is a fantastic hot sauce and if you Google it, youll find it has many, many fans. The spiciness lingers on your tongue and lips, but the build isnt so strong that youll need to stop eating it. Next TJs CHILI ONIONCRUNCH, I just got it based on your review. . $19.80 ($0.55/Ounce) Only 8 left in stock - order soon. We also get your email address to automatically create an account for you in our website. Their bottle has the perfect size opening, as big as a pencil eraser, to either drop sauce onto your meal or give the plastic bottle a simple squeeze and get the amount youll really want (which is a lot.) Its not meant to be sipped, savored, and admired its meant to be used and at a rapid pace. For $2.99 you are getting a large squeezable bottle of sauce that would easily be able to hand a variety of cuisines. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright All rights reserved | Theme by. The heat is medium. Heated with organic jalapeno pepper puree and habanero powder, it also has ingredients like cilantro, spinach powder, tomatillo puree and lime juice. It tastes like Joe just boiled down a pot of spicy chili and bottled it as sauce. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! This is an amazingly nuanced verde sauce with a wonderfully fresh profile. Its very floral as it is made from fresh green chiles, herbs and aromatics. This was the perfect amount of spice/heat for me definitely fairly high on the heat scale, without being a 10/10 or to the point of needing to guzzle a gallon of water to get it down. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. The nutritional facts for a single serving are: With no calories, fat, protein or carbs this stuff is nothing but flavor! Theres a true medium heat here that builds and then slowly dissipates from your lips and tongue. Its a classic combo of flavors here for a hot sauce, and Trader Joes pulls it off well. It goes well with just about anything you could put sauce on, as long as you like spicy food. Yes. Those looking for big heat, though, may want to look elsewhere. The items were in very good condition, well-packed and shipped promptly. In fact, I used about 1/4 of a bottle on a steak and it was a delight. Explore Trader Joe's Habanero Sauce Scoville with all the useful information below including suggestions, reviews, top brands, and related recipes, . Free shipping. Its usually just a bland kind of generic sauce and the hot version is just that, hot and overpowering to any food without adding real flavour. Price : $3.29. ), Trader Joes CHICKEN GYOZA / POT STICKER DUMPLINGS | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (Mostly Raves with a few rants! For a hot sauce at a big-brand store, this has some decent kick for the enthusiast who has already conditioned/damaged their own pain receptors. Free shipping. I also add it to soups and eggs. This stuff is so good. It's a good accompaniment for Asian food like rice and ramen noodles. The habanero heat shines and the sauce gives you just enough kick that the heat seekers out there are craving. With no calories, fat, protein or carbs this stuff is nothing but flavor! You'll find the same vinegar and garlic base in both, giving them that slightly acidic zing - however the new Green Dragon sauce also adds a strong dose of cilantro to the mix. Required fields are marked *. Rated 1 out of 5 Kirby Weaver - November 18, 2017 Trader Joe's Green Dragon Sauce The green dragon hot sauce tastes earthy and like fresh veggies. Part of the, Want to learn the pepper scale and explore spicy recipes? It goes on next to everything. The balance between all the flavor and the heat is what makes this addictive and very usable as an everyday hot sauce. It has quite a few hot sauces, most of which are VERY good. This is a year-round product at Trader Joe's, but you can also find it on Amazon. She is a senior at Missouri School of Journalism. Your email address will not be published. Keep it, TJs. Weve seen spicy sriracha ranch, sriracha BBQ sauce and, not to be overlooked, sweet sriracha glazed bacon jerky. in All Natural, Asian, General, hot sauce, Mexican, Prices, Products, Rave, Recipes, Trader Joes Select your subscriptions from a range of popular titles. Your email address will not be published. Rather, they star. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Ive marinated chicken and steak in the sauce and I simply LOVE LOVE the Kick. Email Address. AVOCADO TOAST? ), How to cook juicy chicken breasts | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (Mostly Raves with a few rants! So as a salt addict, I did not need to add salt after using this sauce. We docondone and support the use ofthe Jalapeo, Habaero and Yuzu hot sauces though. Fresh, flavorful. Stay saucy friends. I just put some GDS in a lentil soup I had made and found it was perfect for that too, it added just that little bit of something extra that the soup needed. This isnt a hot sauce, even with both jalapeo and habanero pepper on the ingredient list. This sauce is amazing, simply the best green hot sauce on the market. It is easy and fun to experiment with Green Dragon. 8 Great Hot Sauces Made Around DC, Ranked From Sizzling to Scorching, Heres Where Your Locally Grown Whole Foods Tulips Really Come From, This DC Duo Is Turning Trash From Vigilante Coffee Into Cool Jewelry, Dukes Grocery Opens in Navy Yard With a Mule Cocktail Bar, DC-Area Bakeries Selling Hamantaschen Cookies for Purim. And versatile as well complements so many different flavors and dishes. Although packaged in nearly identical bottles, and emblazoned with a similar dragon logo, there isnt a lot of family resemblance between these two hot sauces. The green color in the Green Dragon comes from replacing the ground chili peppers in the original sriracha sauce with a jalapeno and tomatillo pepper puree. Don't let the cartoonish dragon fool you. Especially if we go out to a restaurant where they have their own hot sauces. The green color in the Green Dragon comes from replacing the ground chili peppers in the original sriracha sauce with a jalapeno and tomatillo pepper puree. TJ's Green Dragon Hot Sauce, for drizzling Directions Slice salmon into strip and roll into bite size rosettes. $11.00 ($0.61/Ounce) Only 17 left in stock - order soon. Best Green Hot Sauce, and a Family-Sized Container, Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2019. Great for dipping chips in, or putting in a chicken/rice/bean bowl. In another Gourmet type store, something like this would be six bucks no doubt. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA, and these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2022, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Product Description: Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce is a year-round favorite if you are looking to up the flavor of a dish. A: Admittedly, six is not very many hot sauces, but we love Trader Joes and felt the need to do the work for you. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Heres my first unassuming thought about Trader Joes Habanero Hot Sauce: I mean its Trader Joes brand, how hot can it be?. ), tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. In between human sacrifices, the Mayans likely topped their Annies shells and white cheddar with a few squirts of habaero sauce. Trader Joes Jalapeo Pepper Hot Sauce doesnt have an edge over classic Tabasco, which fans of fiery condiments will likely have. Absolutely love it! I was going to buy it but again, my loyalty to Sriracha is STRONG! Trader Joes Green Dragon hot sauce is a classic verde sauce, with a sweet front and a mildish back-end kick. Yes, it could be hotter but Im telling you that everyone else is right. Consider a similar item Price: $3.49 4 Summary Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce is a new hot sauce to hit shelves that is vastly different from the other green sauces already there. We'll help you live your best #DCLIFE every day. Perfect! There is some spinach powder in here. This is really yummy. Please oh please, keep this on your shelves, TJ Purchasing Gods & Goddesses. Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce has 70mg of sodium. Awesome flavor!! Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce is Awesome! We don't recommend their Chili Pepper sauce, Sriracha or Green Dragon hot sauce because they're kind of gnarly. This is an amazingly nuanced verde sauce with a wonderfully fresh profile. but this new Green Dragon Hot Sauce is sizzling our taste buds in a positive way with jalapeos, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, and habanero . Its Also a Hot Mess. Try it on tacos, steak, chicken, salads, and also as a chip dip (because its not too hot to scoop.). Its a classic mix that makes an excellent table sauce. These have been heady months. The red sriracha sauce is more like salt zippy, very flavorful and, for all intents and purposes, the more popular choice for putting on everything. I never am without it and I keeps one in the pantry too, as I never want to come up empty. Green dragon sauce. ), TJs Savory Mini Rice Crackers | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes SHAWARMA CHICKEN THIGHS | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), TJs Fresh Cranberries (and RECIPE) | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes BATTERED FISH NUGGETS (Fish Taco recipe) | Trader Joes Rants & Raves (mostly raves, a few rants), Trader Joes Cleansing & Conditioning HAIRWASH, Trader Joes Zamora Ecuador Small LotCoffee, Trader Joes Just The Clusters MAPLE PECANGRANOLA, Trader Joe's "LIGHTLY SMOKED SALMON" (gourmet canned salmon), Trader Joe's ATLANTIC SALMON FILLETS (frozen). $17.89. Product Name: Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. Some of the Positive comments left by Amazon customers include: Most comments associated with the 1 Star reviews were about problems with Amazons shipping or seller pricing and did not reflect on the quality of the sauce. Its still my go to hot sauce from Trader Joes improving on Hoy Fong Foods famous rooster sauce by sticking closer to the authentic Thai recipe. It comes in a big plastic squeeze bottle which I enjoy because you can cover your entire plate in this with ease. Why not just buy the good stuff? This is an absolutely delightful green hot sauce! Its a great table hot sauce. #1 YUZU HOT SAUCEThis gem of a sauce took the cake completelycan't believe wed never had it before. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. Id like an answer on the gluten as well. Rated 4 out of 5. Store hours, products, and location information for your local Trader Joe's grocery store in Chesterfield, MO. Trader Joe's Beef Birria is tender, slow-cooked beef in a flavorful broth made with crushed tomatoes, dried chiles, and aromatic spices and often served as a simple stew. Its a good accompaniment for Asian food like rice and ramen noodles. I love eating this on scrambled eggs or any grilled meat in a wrap. Im not quite sure WHAT this sauce is trying to be, and Im not sure it knows either. Since its not that spicy (more on that below) and the little heat thats here is on the back-end, you can really take your time and taste all the flavors this sauce has to offer. This might attract some, but wed rather just eat a bowl of delicious, honest chili with a better hot sauce on top. but it definitely does not taste like the gold-standard Huy Fong Foods (rooster brand) sriracha. This hot sauce suffers from a similar problem to the Chili Pepper sauce, it doesn't. It has a strong cilantro flavor in it. 4 Green Dragon Sauce ? Yes, G.D. is wonderful with fish. This stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! The fact it comes in a container this large is a rare godsend, too, for families and individual consumers who slather hot sauce on nearly everything. The smell of habaneros is very present (a delicious smelling sweetness on first opening) with a beautiful combo of garlic and onion that will make your mouth water. We don't recommend their Chili Pepper sauce, Sriracha or Green Dragon hot sauce because they're kind of gnarly. TJ's Green Dragon Hot Sauce is, as the title suggests, an awesome verde version of regular hot sauce. Not to spicy. I have even been using it on salads as a dressing. And that reminds us, from the sriracha-esque branding of this bottle, one might believe that this will have an Asian flavoring style. The tomatillos, sugar, vinegar and cilantro add layers of flavor so this sauce is much more than heat. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. PepperScale helps you discover the amazing tastes - and stories - behind these spicy eats. This one is definitely makes you feel like a . Its perfect for adding an herbaceous punch to dishes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. (Amazon). This week Guapo is doing a review on what is the hot sauce that really started his love for the condiment! Which is too bad, because its great. This is amazing stuff. The tangy and sweet from the tomatillo and sugar hit you first, though its the cilantro, garlic, and lime juice that balance the sweetness you taste up top and honestly make this hot sauce quite complex. . Before "shelter in place" we were planning a hot wings afternoon at work to break in the spring, and I decided to start working out my taste buds a little in preparation. BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce - Lot of 2 - Free Shipping! Feb 08, 2022 @ 13:44:03. So green and saucy, what more is there to say!?! The packaging for this sauce makes it look like a green version of Sriracha (see above), but the ingredients recall a Mexican, Trader Joes Jalapeo Pepper Hot Sauce doesnt have an edge over classic Tabasco, which fans of fiery condiments will likely have. Trader Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce is thick, filled with fresh bites of habanero peppers (and seeds) with every bite. This salsa is AMAZING! The bright, tart habanero flavor is what stands out here while providing some legitimate heat. If you are a huge fan of jalapeoand a vinegary kickthis might be a good choice for you. I can't get enough of it and my husband says it tastes like soap. Sorry, this was a real miss for me.The addition of so much sugar and the lack of any acidic counter-balance makes for a terribly unfocused sauce. Its literally going on everything, from bagels and cream cheese to Samin Nosrats roast chicken. TLDR: Some of Trader Joe's hot sauces are actually pretty good. I hope TJs keeps this around forever! The bottle does shine nicely with its bright green label, mixed in with the classic red and black colors. The ingredient list looks safe but I get sick every time I eat it. View Nutrition Facts. Blame genetics. (LogOut/ Thats plenty hot for a store-brand hot sauce. Condiments, Kosher, Trader Joe's condiments, kosher, Trader Joes, Trader Joes Review. Think roughly the heat of the hottest possible fresh jalapeo or serrano pepper at minimum (8,000 to 20,000 SHU.) Trader Joes Green Dragon Hot Sauce Nutrition Facts, Your email address will not be published. However, while it may not get as much use as the red sauce, the green dragon sauce is still a welcome tool to have on the spice rack. }, Trader Joes Pork Belly {Fully Cooked, Serving Options}, Trader Joes Kimchi {You Can Find Better}. Your email address will not be published. I wouldnt buy it all the time but its tasty and i love it on breakfast burritos and the like. But how well does its heat, flavor, and usability set it apart from other hot sauces? The fact it comes in a container this large is a rare godsend, too, for families and individual consumers who slather hot sauce on nearly everything. Its honestly more of a salsa. Used judiciously this sauce adds flavor to all kinds of dishes with a hint of spiciness. Please try again later. Weve gone through and tasted all six of Trader Joes hot sauces and ranked them in order from our least to most favorite. Also Tofu. This stuff is not just spicy/hot but actually flavourful like how chipotle pepper actually has a depth compared to other chili peppers, this actually has a facetted, roasted, smoky sweet, a bit garlicky and spicy/hot flavour. Just the right level of heat and so full of flavor and zing. I bought a bottle this weekend and its already 1/2 full. Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce. Tart, sweet, smokey, spicy this sauce has it all! Trendy yuzu (a Japanese citrus) makes its way into Trader Joes Asian-influenced hot sauce, described as a combination of sour, hot, salty and sweet. The sour lemon flavor comes on too strong, with a very mild spice. And the vinegar gives the sauce just enough tang to be addictive. Get that cup of ice water or milk ready: This is hot. Yum, I love the chicken shi mai too. Ive had a lot of hot sauce. Change). I go to the TJs on Columbus Avenue on the UWS. Because of the classic tropes of peppers, onions, and garlic, this is an easy pair for pretty much anything. TJs Green Dragon Hot Sauce is one of my favorite Trader Joes items, along with Bomba and Peri-Peri and of course ZHOUG). Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. #3 JALAPEO HOT SAUCEEveryone needs a best friend and a go-to hot sauce, right? Get our 80+ page field guide ebook covering 20+ popular chilies free, enjoy 15% off our fiery spices. welding jobs near me entry level. Get our 80+ page field guide ebook covering 20+ popular chilies free, enjoy 15% off our fiery spices. The most important thing to a hot sauce for both of us happens to be the flavor. Please try again later. My husband and I enjoyed a good hot sauce with our meals. Mandy is a web fellow at Washingtonian. Available for orders above $40. Hi like you said in the store is $2.99, our store is worldwide and not everybody hase Trad. I like to mix it into a milder sauce to stretch it out. Itll take so many things to new heights eggs, burritos, soups, salads, marinades, chili, burgers, grilled cheese sandwich (any sandwich! Always read labels and directions before using a product. Avocado Toast:mash a ripe avocado up with salt, pepper, a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice then add Green Dragon to taste. A little bit spicy The green color comes from the pairing of the jalapeno, tomatillo, and cilantro. Something went wrong. Part of the, Want to learn the pepper scale and explore spicy recipes? Located at Pensacola Beach Boardwalk, across the street from the famous Beach Ball Tower .