If the gas has Ethanol, I also add appropriate portions of Star-Tron. These fuel and oil additives are designed to clean away deposits, sludge, and fuel residues from the engine and keep it running smoothly. When you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Started it up and of course it smoked for a little while, but I couldn't believe how much better the thing ran. Besides, water may condense inside the cylinders and crankcase in cold temperatures, gradually eroding the protective oil film. The customer rating for Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) is 4.7 out of 5 stars. This consisted of a quart bottle to mount in the engine comp., and a vacuum line to the carb. More than that, he used it in the fuel with every fillup. A 2 cycle oil is designed to burn. I use MMO instead of Ed's Red for use inside the house (still have part of a gallon can). Before that is was all the hype about new cars being unleaded only. the formula for TCP and used it for years in car gas, which was also about the same thing, with small changes in the recipe, so as not Marvel Mystery oil is a type of additive designed for use in car engines as an oil additive and fuel additive. He also loves making connections and friends in the automotive industry. After a few such experiences, the airport put Colder than that, and we couldn't fly, bromide has to be at a certain temperature to work correctly. Petersen's STC allows for mixing of av-gas and mo-gas. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. gallon of fuel (4 to 6 oz. we weren't allowed to prop the planes without someone in the cockpit.) ", "Long life exhaust valves. Someone said MMO has been out for years, what more could you want? Everyone must know about Mystery Oil. It also helps lubricate and clean cylinders, pistons, and intake valves. Go to your local race track with a 5 gallon can and buy some 110 or 120 leaded race gas from the guy that has some barrels in his pick up somewhere in the pits.. $10 - $15 per gallon. -- Daniel Ford, by Robert Parker (Piper Cub Builders List). Several old mechanics from the 1950's told me it was early auto transmission fluid with about 25% kerosene. Check the compression. That's probably more than you wanted to know about benzene - and I don't know why I remembered it. Right. to infringe on another's copyright. Websites 1997-2019 Daniel Ford; all rights At the temperatures found in the combustion chamber of a cylinder, MM oil will be vaporized. Back in 2016 I started having poor idle symptoms and stalling at stops. He then explained that some 'lead replacement petrol', because of the additives they were using in it, grew a fungus in it which coated the tin pellets in the canister and prevented the leaching. by the five-gallon jug to use in my lawnmower, chainsaw, and snowblower. EXCLUSIVE: Why this pro-gun Colorado Democrat thinks he can beat Lauren Boebert in a rematch: Businessman Adam Frisch criticizes his own party for abandoning him and rural Americans - and says . Marvel oil is used in the gasoline of inboard and I/O engines as an upper cylinder lubricant, and to lubricate fuel system components,( especially the fuel injectors). Its formula contains an oil-thinning ability that solves this problem. because the gasoline comes from a region where ethanol is not used. With no alcohol in the system, the gasoline stayed fresh through the Or did you purchase a vehicle in January and feel lucky you locked it in before prices rose higher through February? At the instant of the fifth one says let me check and I will get back with you. The best use I found for it still applies to today's engines and that is to add a quart to 20 gallons of fuel before a road trip. L79 & Muncie in a SS Nova was even better. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: labonneoccase.com, +49803921568627 LA BONNE OCCASE - Vente d'lectromnager d'occasion et neuf avec dfaut d'aspect a considerable taxi to get there, and you are running straight I use an additive (CD-32)in my Judge with #12 heads. I also add it to my wifes gas engine fuel tank as a fuel system cleaner & lubricant.. Finally I took off the spark plug and sprayed MMO into the hole at what appeared to be the exhaust valve. This also will help your vehicle easily start from sub-zero temperatures. There are a lot of debates about Marvel Mystery Oil is it good for your car or not? This is generally regarded as good stuff, and a lot of people are using it. Where did you get your information. I have been running unleaded in the Ambassador for 230,000 miles and never had valve seat issues. It happened quite a bit back in those days. What power steering fluid is compatible with 89021184? This improves your gas mileage by increasing the . More than once I had to get on my handheld radio and call the shack to tell I don't think they would sell them, either, if there was enough heat and compression in the crankcase to ignite the fluid. I have been driving a 10.25 compression ratio 401 Buick for the last 15 years on regular pump gas. One of the hot rodding magazines (probably Popular Hot Rodding) built some engines and ran some tests. Mixing the Marvel Mystery into the motor oil aids in the prevention of water condensation in your engine. THIS ELIMINATED THE VALVE TAP THAT HAD EXISTED PRIOR TO THIS WORK. What's Customers Say About Marvel Mystery Oil. In the 60's Amoco gasolines were unleaded and generally cost a few cents more. Sale. Think about the whole scenerio . Obviously I had a dirty injector and MMO cleaned it fairly quick.Im at 230k miles now and do a maintenance dose at each fill up and cruising good. OKthis is to settle a bet. that is the real testament .. methanol - a "drying agent", I use alcohols to clean the greases, dirts, oils, such off machines used around fabric as they clean well, leave no real residue, remove all traces of oil or grease and don't transfer anything to the fabrics. Don't encourage someone to do something illegal. A good burn is difficult to achieve in an engine that always runs cool. And I may as well replace all of them at this high milage. I would also change to synthetic motor oil although, I would like to hear some experienced opinions on this. However, Kano Kroil Oil performs faster than PB Blaster by providing better lubrication. 5.7. Won't hurt but you don't need it. Please provide proof so we can switch to the perfected heads. And the mineral spirits burns rather cleanly. I think he was right thoughthe internal explosion of the diesel fuel as it gets compressed between the main bearings would probably clean it up pretty good, it would disassemble it for me, then if I didn't die, I could rebuild it in the parking lot over the next few days (if I didn't get arrested) and it would no longer use any oil. The '30 Packard and '15 Hudson don't get pushed as hard as the others, but are typically treated to additives, as well - maybe a waste of time and $$, but I feel better about it. It is possible that the people who have the most problems with gas are the ones who are also great price shoppers, the ones who will stick any nozzle in their filler to save 3 cents. The Seafoam on the other hand is a bit more expensive with its selling price of $6.97 for a 16oz bottle. And it was back to working again, just like that. spread around the valves, guides, and rings to keep things moving. Marvel Mystery oil Marvel Mystery oil. When I was 19, I put it in the Cutlass I owned. There is no reason to use it in a "clean" engine. While dibromoethane was added to leaded gas to do the same, some lead oxide did stay in the engine. I am bringing this discussion out of the archives. . By per 10 gallons of fuel). Car was his first love and passion. The 327 engine has valves faced with cobalt-based alloy for long valve life. When it enters the combustion chamber and the So, by doing it before the seats fail, you are just doing something ahead of time that might never need to be done, and might cause a failure in the meantime. Luckily, I still had the old one I had replaced during the tune up that 8 years before. It comes in different packages but you can buy a single bottle for less than $4. Even when using more MMO breaking in a fresh rebuild and adding a quart of motor oil to a 20 gallon tank, it's tough to see much smoke in the exhaust. was going to eliminate lead completely. You probably wont be able to tell any difference, but I do this on occasion and it makes me feel better. reserved. Marvel MM13R Mystery Oil. 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Marvel Mystery Oil, Whats Customers Say About Marvel Mystery Oil. Marvel Mystery oil has been carefully designed with additional ingredients to help reduce oil consumption by preventing carbon build-up. This is in the 72 Wag (360). They have quarts of Marvel mystery oil for about $2.00 each. However, Marvel Mystery oil stands out because it is cheaper than Seafoam and used for a variety of vehicles and equipment. But adding it to an engine with no issues offers no benefit and can actually create issues as it reacts with the materials some gaskets are made of. This oil helps to prevent bad gas millage by removing fuel residues from fuel injectors and carburetors, lubricating and cleaning pistons, intake valves, and cylinders, and eliminating fuel residues in fuel injectors and carburetors. hours. Well, I've been using MMO for many years now, along with Rislone. Then, in the new oil, lead build up and fouling of spark plugs, along with valve There were re-portly 7 different cylinder head redesigns in 1973 and 1974 until all the problem were solved in the 1975 and up V-8 heads in particular, these are generally the 502 heads, a little bigger port, a little bigger valves, and supposedly induction hardened valve seats. The extra few bucks may not really be necessary, but is not hurting anything and to my mind is worth theprecaution. - It makes a beautiful molecule - the famous "benzene ring". LOL. "High alloy steel inlet valves. So in the end nothing is needed. So, when it is about Marvel Mystery oil vs. Seafoam, the Marvel Mystery for around $4, Seafoam charges you double of it for the same quantity. It's probably similar to an ashless oil (think 2-cycle oil). I think perhaps time to add some to this computer.. Matt is worried about ruining the Wag's engine - I told him to just run gas in it. | Reading Proust. It's easy! It's primary purpose is to cool the cutters. TEL vaporized and the excess pushed out the exhaust, and this Mystery Oil is a top cylinder lubricant, so when it vaporizes during combustion, oil droplets are spread around the valves, guides, and rings to keep things moving. the engine passages and crevices and hydraulic lifters, and stores it I can build an engine, but, I can't drain oil without a mess. Anyone want to suggest that's a bad idea? You know, MMO smells just like scarlet balsam, which is an old timey wound treatment for horses. In terms of pricing, both fuel additives have a pretty significant difference. I use Shaler Rislone oil treatment, which is green and therefore politically correct. Sometime they do, and other times that's the last you hear.) the carburetor as a droplet, broken up As for using a lead substitute, I don't know how anything that wasn't actually lead could be expected to have the same properties. They said that it caused oil leak in his Chevy Silverado 2004. Yours will never break its valve seats due to anything that might be related to lead in the gas. 7 Konsili Lengkap Kanon - Free ebook download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read book online for free. Bob's article is followed by an email I received from Terry Lutz, expanding on Marvel and the alternative TCP. Do not worry yourself into an early grave. Post in the forum instead. Do people who put a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in their gas find that it makes the vehicle smoke much? to free up stuck rings and valves by giving the engine a "Mystery I am no idiot, I have had the experience and it was a properly measured and documented approach I took. It only takes a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil is a product used to clean the fuel system of piston planes. It can scare you, though. Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. I first experienced this in the Toyota 12R engine (I think that's the right designation, 1600cc pushrod) in a Hi-Ace. Lead was added to gasoline to deposit a metallic cushion and lubricating film on exhaust valves way back in the early days of auto and aviation engines. further need for TCP. Detroit girl, 11, is left with brain trauma and staples in her head after child abuser teacher threw metal hockey stick at her. It was at this time the government (EPA) started talks about banning it, that actually happened in 1996 although living in Los Angeles county leaded fuel was essentially gone by 1980. can put mo-gas in the tank 75% (TEL 0.002 ml) and 25% av-gas OTH if snake oil makes you happy use it. instructors at least filled up with straight 100LL. Start with the Scriptures. Ethanol evaporates pretty easily , especial the more you have and older it gets. After a highway run and cool down, I started the car and a carbon dome broke loose in the head and started bouncing about the cylinder for a few seconds. in crank case a week or two before oil change. Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 09:06:35 am . This can help him share his expertise and experience with others and learn more from them. Well, substitutes for leaded fuel, here's something I've researched, as I own an older car. Pierce was best known for his invention of the "Marvel Carburetor", which became the standard automobile carburetor of its time. Ryan has got more than 15 years in the auto industry. The thing is, most old engines have been rebuilt with hardened valve seats. Blue skies! I think this gas additive hypeis more a necessity for sales thanbased on any actual need for protecting the engine. It contains additives that help lubricate and protect the engine. I don't see any pickle. Followers 4 . This was a hot topic in the late 80s and early 90s. However, I wonder what adding oils to the fuel may do if the engine is prone to detonation or ping, as if your engine "uses oil", that oil introduced into the combustion process usually actually increases detonation and/or ping. Low HP cars are doing these grades in low gears barely making 40MPH. http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/ If screen type system, be sure to clean screen. Marvel Mystery Oil can be used as a fuel and oil additive. Not documented, but everything about the vehicle leads me to believe it's accurate. Hard seats are added to earlier heads by machining out the old seats and installing an insert. I had to dismantle it, clean them with bleach and then reassemble it. Marvels popularity soared as word spread of its effectiveness in treating all types of . Old standbys like Bardahl. that are most common use MMT and are more like an octane booster. Why does this happen? Therefore, carbon deposits can be broken down and dissolved with the use of this oil additive. needed to go around again. I also put a qt. Which brings up an interesting topic: yes most mass production engines under about 10:1 compression and 4" bore (see "flame propagation rates") are reasonably safe under light duty on 93 PON. LRDaum. Three grand for the car and three grand for the engine. The Dick Van Dyke Show is an American television sitcom starring Dick Van Dyke as Rob Petrie, Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie, Morey Amsterdam as Buddy Sorrell, Rose Marie as Sally Rogers, and Richard Deacon as Mel Cooley.. 72 octane is the highest grade of gasoline that can be Also, some others stated that the price of this additive is quite high. Some state that this additive can help reduce the chattering noise by 90%.Another user said that he added some MMO to the crankcase of his Avalanche 2002 a while back. Sign up for a new account in our community. Marvel mystery oil safe for modern engines? It was buried in the hole over 4mm down (I kept adjusting the lash) by the time I changed the head. EAA has an answer, after 5 different people and Discover The trick on a 65 hp Continental is to take the primer Also if it did help protect the valves, how would you know? I wonder if that's not the "secret ingredient" in MMO. Here's my scenario. Works OK in modern fuel injected engines , not so well in old carburetor-ed engines, as they also use too much ethanol in the gas. Another way is to run about three tanks of mo-gas and WHEN I DID THIS I ALSO CLEANED OUT THE PUSH RODS AND POURED MMO IN THEM. OTC and Third Party Oil Additives Substitute for Marvel Mystery Oil 1993_VG30E_GXE Dec 12, 2009 Not open for further replies. Engine. a 32-degree limit on the Cubs. 2-3 ounces per 10 gallons is enough. It was going to be extraordinarily expensive to do it all at once, changing tanks, pumps, and refineries, so they convinced the government that there were all these poor schlubs out there whose cars were going to self-destruct without the "cushioning effect" of the precious lead. As a moderately priced precaution, I add 4 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil, and 1 oz of Alemite CD-2 for each 10 gallons of gas. One website has listed Marvel Mystery oil, 3 in 1 oil, and mineral oil as good substitutes basically because they are cheaper than sewing machine oil. on a high time engine; about half TBO or less should be the AFAIK GM never put better guides in the small block Chevy, they just kept drilling holes in the cast iron like they had been doing. Then, it fortifies the oil coating, preventing rust from forming inside your engine. Your email address will not be published. This is right. it absorbs water out of the atmosphere. MMO is basicly automotive ATF. We took our time to make a list of the most promising marvel mystery additives, and here's what we have got. People use Marvel Mystery Airtool oil. Back in the late 1940s and early 1950s, at military air bases Don't worry about it! Marvel Mystery Oil helps unleash maximum power and performance while extending engine life. Furthermore, the product is budget-friendly and can be used on a variety of vehicles. Marvel Mystery Oil is an automotive product of the American Marvel Oil Company, [1] founded by Burt Pierce in 1923. Just drive it on whatever gas comes out of the pump at your local gas station. In very short order this one seat dramatically ate itself away. tank of fuel. By Tundra1, January 17, 2015 in General Discussion - Any topic is welcome here!!! Many believe that when used correctly, it can do good things in your cars. about sixty miles from Portland, Maine, which happens to be the port where Like several other similar products that date back several decades Marvel Mystery Oil seems to be a legitimate detergent additive that will reduce varnish and gumming in an engine. Keep on posting. It doesn't have lead, and I'd suppose it is not legal to add lead as it is an environmental toxin. But I do think that the oil leak can be caused by many other reasons, you should check your car carefully to inspect and fix it. mogas. The leading theory is Deutsch; English; Franais; Portugus See for yourself. I follow Bob's article by my own from [Permanent Link] To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> Subject: Marvel Mystery Oil and Lead substitute: Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:25:13 -0700: Hi Listers, Our local K-mart is selling out their automotive stuff at 40% off. Slippery stuff! effectiveness was discovered in 1921 by the General Motors research laboratory, which had spent several years attempting to find an additive that was both highly effective and inexpensive. everyone was looking for a lead substitute in forum. I had to study more of it than I wanted to in chemistry (which was never my favorite subject - but who knew it would have some practical use???) 8 years after I had rebuilt the carb I removed the cover and found this: Pretty clean after all those horror stories. Just a little correction here. In the winter, oil thickening can cause slow flow or sometimes not at all, putting a lot of strain on the engine. nauseous each time he gave a lesson. Should one use a 5w-30 or 5w-40 if adding a quart or 20% of MMO to regular oil due to the Viscosity change. This one from the brand is a special one. A reference in my 1994 Accord owner's manual to Marvel Mystery Oil; it was right after the "hosing out your gas tank" and "cinder block cruise control" chapter. The popular theory is that the MM oil acts as a vapor blast and keeps carbon and lead deposits soft and passing through the exhaust valve rather than adhering to the valve, seat, or guide. This cleans the carbon and sludge collected in sebastian seymour, lord seymour named Rick told me that TCP stands for Tri-Cresyl-Phosphate. What fuel or additives we are talking about depends on which SBC (the 275hp 327 was a really nice Impala combo but required premium fuel). Oct 11, 2006 . There Marvel Mystery Lubricating Oil is safe for catalytic converters and oxygen sensors. Just like the topic of using non-detergent oil. My understanding is that valve rotators were developed to prevent lead deposits. I NO LONGER OWN IT BUT THE NEW OWNER NOW HAS 145K ON IT AND IT IS STRONG AND QUIET, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Probably not an issue with racing, however. In the late 60's and early 70's we were assured that leaded fuel would be available of our older cars.