Do you include them on each post? Good natural lighting can make your items look their best. If this has been a recurring event, this may affect your overall reputation as a seller. Its rare that youll find a Top Seller who doesnt do this and its something I wish I had known when I was starting out. Take a selection of photos to show off your products, thinking carefully about your background and lighting to get the best shots. Responding to questions quickly in the comments or direct messages can make you close the deal in no time. Try shooting next to a window or outside. Requests for feedback on your shop, requests for item authentication, and posting milestones/achievements MUST BE POSTED IN THE DESIGNATED WEEKLY THREAD. This way, shoppers will get all the most important info right at the start, and can keep reading through your description if they want to find out more. Trainers. I guess this is what Ive basically been saying the whole time, but once youve got your feed going, youll really be on your way to finding lots of cool items. "It really shows off the item and will make your photos pop. According to Depop, this could increase the chance of making a sale by 60%. Listing often and being consistent in your listing is the first step to becoming successful on Depop. Please search the subreddit before posting to see if the topic has already been discussed. If this happens, they wont show up in search results and they cant be featured on the Explore page, warn the apps guidelines. Hannah aka @handpickedbyhannah has been on Depop for three years, and a full-time seller for two years. You may send them a direct message offering a discount on bundles or combined purchases. Thatll make it so much easier and better in the future to find things that are your style. This also helps keep your store in front of potential buyers who may not be following you. They will even barter with you some on item prices to try and come up with something that works for you. The best way to make offers on Depop is always to be fair and reasonable. They don't actually sell anything on their own; rather, they act as a middleman between Depop sellers and customers, enabling people to set the retail price of their goods and locate potential customers, all while providing a reliable and secure platform that lowers the risk of being duped or overcharged for . That they do not take offers, or wont sell bundles? Five months later, shes a verified seller making a full-time income from jewelry sales on the app. Think about getting some branded packaging flyers or stickers to send with your item when it ships. Compared to other resale sites, like Poshmark and Etsy, thats a bargain, Calloway said. <3). 6th Floor.css-mfz5zy{display:block;height:10px;}99 Gresham StreetLondonEC2V 7NG, Sol House29 St Katherine's StreetNorthamptonNN1 2QZ. These still apply to you. REMINDER: ALL DEPOP USERNAMES MUST BE HIDDEN. to actually see if you can just keep that one up. Vintage. color organizing your items. If youve already got your clothing business up and running then youll be well aware of the need to register with HMRC to pay your tax bill. After setting up shop, Calloway showed a friend how to use Depop. Preloved. Depop is a social shopping app targeted at Gen Z shoppers. - Review the quality of seller's general description writing practice. You really, really just have to know where and how to look in order to find what it is that you desire. REMINDER: ALL DEPOP USERNAMES MUST BE HIDDEN. Etsy CEO on how $1.6 billion deal for Depop could help the company grow E-commerce firm Etsy announced Wednesday that it is buying the secondhand fashion app Depop for $1.62 billion. Once youre comfortable with the basics of photography on Depop, you can start thinking about playing around with backdrops and other equipment that can make your photos really stand out. Poshmark has that feature so I don't understand why Depop wouldn't be able to as well. Consider that the person has running and material costs as well as shipping to account for. The info I have on it are my shipping schedule (dont ship on sundays or holidays), discounts for bundles and for returning customers, eco friendly packaging I offer, offers/returns/refund policy, my hold/trades policy and my small list of ISOs. REMINDER: ALL DEPOP USERNAMES MUST BE HIDDEN. Traffic on the app was up a staggering 74 per cent. Sustainable fashion, vintage pieces, and upcycled or tailored clothing are growing in popularity as people look for ways to reduce their impact on the planet. Come . Or maybe you can ask family and friends to help declutter their wardrobes. Photos are an essential part of any good Depop shop. "I think natural light is always the best," says Selena. You can utilize the video to capture details that may be missing from pictures. You can also carry this through to your packaging to make your brand stay in your customers mind. Getty Images and Chris Zuppa/The Penny Hoarder, If You Have More Than $1,000 in Your Checking Account, Make These 6 Moves, This 7-Day Savings Challenge Is Going Viral By Making People Richer, The 7 Biggest Money Secrets Most Rich People Wont Tell You, Vintage Thrifting Tips From a Pro: How to Find Deals and Valuable Items, Want to Work From Home? The only difference is that hashtag uses # while keywords and tags use common terms to describe an item the buyer is searching for. Why not take a look now and build a quick, tailored quote? .css-1ohoydv{color:#262626;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;cursor:pointer;color:#007478;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-1ohoydv:hover{color:#007478;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}Read our full disclaimer. In 2021, he broke Army's single-season record with 15 1/2 sacks but opted not to work out this week. It can be as easy as scheduling listings in advance or making an effort to take photos when new things come in the mail. I hurried to order it and I have gotten so many compliments on it since it arrived. Communicating openly with your customers and being friendly and helpful while you do it will keep customers coming back to your Depop shop and get you on the path to continued success. That helped her hit the 1,000-follower mark. Payments made inside the Depop app also give your shop perks and benefits, such as showing off great feedback from your buyers. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Include details about its fabric, and if the item has any flaws be sure to include these, too. Depop makes money by charging a so-called Depop fee to sellers. Ciara Ainsley McLaren is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder. Shop policies / FAQ. Share yours across Instagram and any other social media networks you have. Sad because I worked really hard on making them cute and they kept my shop organized. A sub for discussing all things Depop. Depop should know. My second tip is to use a plain backdrop and have fun with it.". Step 1: Open the Depop app and tap on the 'Profile icon' located at the bottom right of your mobile screen. You can set your Depop Shop Policies in settings. OneShop delists sold items automatically on separate marketplaces to save you time. im studying abroad and want to shop on depop while im here, but if i change my location im afraid itll effect who sees my listings (which are all shipped within the US), is there a way to do this without my shop getting messed up? Its social shopping concept has seen. Many Depop sellers dont know how important it is to have a shop policy. Head over to Your Depop Profile Page, click the Debob icon, then hit the Scheduled button to set up Scheduled Refreshing. They sometimes run special offers for sellers, so keep an eye out for Depop no fees deals by following Depop on Twitter. Learn more about setting up a Depop business account. Repeated violations will result in a ban. Scrolling through while eating a bowl of cerealnever knowing what cute treasure youre gonna stumble across in your travelswell, its like thrifting but online. Do not forget to fill out other relevant information on all fields such as attributes, categories, variations (sizes and colors), and other things you often get asked in your messages or comment section. Shop policies are an essential part when selling on Depop. If you're modelling the looks . This will make Debob refresh your listings repeatedly with a reasonable waiting time. Transparency is key to helping you earn a good rating. I then decided to try other search terms, like button up dress and midi dress. Still no dice. Sellers can set up their own shops on the platform and quickly and. Shop now Sell your way Even if Depop is more of a side business for you, youll still have tax responsibilities if your income is more than 1,000 in any tax year. A regular customer is worth their weight in gold! However, it would be good if anyone can provide feedback to Depop so we can update this to add more policies in. Having good Depop shop policies are a very important part of selling on Depop that might be different if you came from another selling platform. But be sure to use only relevant and accurate hashtags for each item spamming your description with irrelevant hashtags can prevent your listing from showing up in search results. Use hashtags to show up in searches. Also, I recently added it to my bio to please refer to my shop policies so I dont have to update my listings individually with this information. For full details, take a look at the full seller handbook blog posts. From how to make a successful Depop shop and promote it, to unique personal success stories we chat tosome of our top sellers who explain how they got there with their own hard-earned tips. They can be frustrating when you're shopping and you're trying to find a specific item too, all you see is posts that get your hopes up but really it's just others looking for the same thing! Make it catchy and easy to spell. Depop suggests keeping them clear and concise with relevant hashtags to boost sales. Quite simply, the faster you reply, the happier your customers will be and therefore, the more positive reviews you'll get. That baby didnt come from Canada, it was shipped from the states. The trick in getting more views and sales is by having an optimized and transparent product description, accurate brand names, and an appropriate product image. Remember that a complete and comprehensive product description also helps the buyer to fasten their buying decision making it more convenient for both the buyer and seller. The science of this is that Depop is run by its users, which means not everyone looks at a piece and calls it the same thing. The best way to find out if Depop is for you is simple: try it! Please search the subreddit before posting to see if the topic has already been discussed. And while my morals will always come first from here on out with what I put on my body, its nice to wear nice things. Depop gets really good when you dont go looking for items, but instead, they come to you. Then tap Post to share these to your Instagram Stories. Additionally, Depop shop policies can highlight some of the frequently asked questions sellers will encounter so that a seller doesnt get as many unnecessary messages. They show you exactly how some of our best sellers rose to the top of the platform and should help guide your own personal journey of success. One of the biggest challenges for me when I went slow fashion was finding ways to look cute while doing less harm. Want to see more about how Depop and Poshmark stack up against each other? If you think the price is too low for the actual item, you can always opt not to sell the item. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. As a seller, we want to make the most money on our items. Listing Include a clear item description, accurate brand names and appropriate images that reflect your item. Since Depop is being stricter about removing posts that arent selling anything (good to see more ISOs gone, but I was sad to see my shop policies post and shop dividers deleted), where do you post your shop policies? Thank you for the ideas and the reply! Certain things tend to do [better] than others at certain times.. But weve seen that the most successful Depop shops often have a few key things in common. Make sure items are wrapped securely and have the necessary protection to arrive looking their best. Depop gives you a template in the app that was discussed above which will help to point you in the right direction! Depop, for those unfamiliar, is a social shopping app that allows users to buy and sell clothes, shoes, jewellery and more. But this is only when the story gets interesting! The opinions expressed are the sellers own and should not be taken as advice (including legal advice), endorsement or recommendation from Depop. And even though I didnt end up with an actual linen dress, the final product looked exactly like what I wanted. Depop charges a 10% flat fee on each item. Free shipping is an excellent trick in attracting more buyers in adding more orders and placing the orders as soon as possible. Thank you!! In a recent webinar for Simply Business, BBCs The Apprentice winner Harpreet Kaur shared her advice: You don't need to be on every platform, but it's really key to investigate which platforms are the right ones for you. Please make sure you've read the community rules, and that your post follows our posting guidelines. I know it may be scary doing something new, but I promise things get easier once you get comfortable and get started! How to Master the Art of Buying Clothes on Depop, and Yes, It's an Art May 6, 2021 by Navi Ahluwalia View On One Page Start Slideshow Use Arrow Keys People always seem surprised when I tell. I then decided that I at least had to try and started listing! Work out exactly what works for you and your brand aesthetic. 2023 The Penny Hoarder. This is also a great trick to keep any comments or queries about your items on top for potential buyers to see. Make sure to describe and include images of any faults. And if youve looked for this item before, you KNOW how expensive linen is (which is not to say that it isn't worth it). If you are unsure about the price, check the market price or be open to offers. Skinny jeans were popular like two years ago and now everyone wants baggy pants, Jevsevar said. This is an easy tip but, before you get a strong feed (and even when you do) youll have a hard time finding the item you want to find unless you go looking for it. You might start by clearing out your own closet and listing any unwanted clothes or accessories. For example, a user wants to buy boyfriend jeans. For Instagram, you can also use the Depop Shop Share feature. Soon, she grew her . I sincerely recommend that you try out Depop and, as always, if you have any questions or want to talk more about these tips, feel free to comment below. Using all four slots increases the chance of making a sale by 20%, according to Depop's seller handbook. Start by writing a headline that sums up everything a buyer should know about your listing. This was 2-3 weeks ago. Once upon a time, your girl Aspen was on a mad hunt for a midi-length linen button-up dress. So one-upping your competition in the detail of your transactions is a shrewd business move. Then, add in measurements so its clear how the item will fit. I have absolutely no fashion background and I let this manifest into self-doubt the great thing about Depop is there's a space for literally everyone and every style. This Site Tells You Which Companies Will Let You, Hey, Type A: These 13 Detail-Oriented Jobs Are Perfect for You, 11 Ways to Score Free Stuff on Amazon And Not Just From Product Reviews, These 6 Smart Money Moves Can Help Women Claim Their Financial Power, Aluminum Can Prices: Get the Most for Your Recycling, March Class Action Settlements Involve Toyota and Lexus, Apple, Synchrony Bank, A Step-by-Step Guide to Launching Your Own Streetwear Brand, Swap/Trade: Trading items instead of purchasing. Model shots get the most clicks in Depop because it gives buyers an idea of how it fits. Trends are moving away from fast-fashion and people are looking for authentic, quality items that are going to last. See who you know. REMINDER: ALL DEPOP USERNAMES MUST BE HIDDEN. To be honest, most people are only considered about a few things: However additonally my Depop policies include: <>. Transaction outside Depop is against Depops terms and conditions, which can cause your shop to be banned. I have a whole jewelry room now and its been amazing, says Calloway. "To some degree, we have a closer relationship with Gen Z . Requests for feedback on your shop, requests for item authentication, and posting milestones/achievements MUST BE POSTED IN THE DESIGNATED WEEKLY THREAD. Thanks for your submission to r/Depop ! On his shop, Sauce Freely, you can find a $500 pair of Dolce and Gabbana cargo pants, a $10 iridescent baseball cap, and an ugly sweater for $28.50, along with dozens of other items curated from thrift stores. Some may request just a little off or a discount on bundled items. Selling on Depop is simple: all you'll need is a phone and a Paypal account. Repeated violations will result in a ban. With OneShop, you can quickly make drafts, post them during peak hours, list them on multiple marketplaces, set goals, track your business insights, and make more sales! The use of relevant hashtag is vital to help buyers quickly find what they are looking for. So read more and discover how you canbe the best seller you can be. The more experience you become/are as a seller youre going to start to see the same question over and over again and you can just direct a person to your shop policies. rise in online searches for sustainable fashion. Never underestimate the value of word of mouth from a happy customer. You can set your shop policies by going to 'Profile > Settings > Shop policies'. The items you can find on Depop are almost always amazing, and the community aspect of it is so cool. Don't use stock images as your item will be removed. Step 2: Tap on the 'Setting icon' from the top right side of the screen. For items that arent selling, you can re-shoot it or let your buyers make negotiations and only deal with the price you are comfortable with. Follow these seven steps for how to sell on Depop. Nothing that I wanted. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Are you open to trades/swaps/reservations. When Calloway was starting out, she found a clever way to get customers. Ill have to send a more direct email today and see if I can put that back up. While your shoppers know theyre getting something second-hand or upcycled, it doesnt mean the packaging has to be, too. All these things are essential when it comes to how to sell successfully on Depop, and will clear the pathway to your own Depop stardom. Check out our post comparing Depop vs. Poshmark. Like Poshmark, it's also a social platform. Requests for feedback on your shop, requests for item authentication, and posting milestones/achievements MUST BE POSTED IN THE DESIGNATED WEEKLY THREAD. The prices are also. A sub for discussing all things Depop. You can see a Depop user shop policies quickly by looking at the header portion of a user's page. Together, these actions open up the chances of repeat business and great reviews. Even for the people who want to return even though I put final sale in my closet and my shop listing, they still know its final sale they just may ask to see if this once I will bend the rules for them. Hashtag, tags, and keywords are basically the same thing. ! Fore more information, check out our top tips for selling on Depop. Our Service allows you to buy and sell items in an easy and fun way. For medium packages, the Depop shipping fee is 9 dollars. Its like a great minds think alike sort of deal. To ensure that packages arrive safely and on time, a sales and shipping label for the . Even though you are not using hashtags on your active listing, your item will still be searchable as long as you use relevant terms in your description box. Just make sure you've checked beforehand whether the answers are in their images or the listing write-up. Banking services provided by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. But if you have a dream item, check out the international selection!! Aside from the Depop selling fee, there are other fees to consider, such as transaction fees, shipping labels, packaging, and shipping fees. OneShop is a financial technology company, not a bank. Step 4: Tap on 'Connect PayPal'. Depop, like other online communities, has its own language. Do you refresh (aka bump) the items in your Depop shop at least once a day? Its also a great idea to add an out of office to your bio so users know youll be uncontactable or slower to reply and ship items. ago. Bump is the only Depop sales bot that offers a FREE FOREVER plan, where you can refresh/bump 100 listings per day at no charge, with no payment information required. Now, you can avoid this from happening and keep your reputation high! The sites popularity surged during lockdown, with a 40 per cent increase in marketplace listings and 65 per cent upshot in sales recorded for March compared with the same period in 2019. Listing regularly doesnt mean upload them all at once- you can list items once or twice a day to keep your account active and push fresh content in peoples feeds. Heroine is a trademark of Grailed, Inc. eBay is a trademark of eBay, Inc. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Facebook Marketplace is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. OneShop is not endorsed, certified, or affiliated by List Perfectly, Vendoo, mercariBOT, ResellKit, SellerInsight, PrimeLister, Cross List It, Hammoq, ListingJoy, Crosslist, Poshmark, Tradesy, Mercari, Depop, Grailed, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Kidizen, or Etsy. Those extra touches can help cement your Depop shop in a customers mind. by Stiletto Socialite | Jan 1, 2021 | Depop, Last Updated on January 7, 2021 by Stiletto Socialite. Industries. Both sellers and buyers get a rating based on their service and communication, so theres a mutual system of feedback similar to the taxi app Uber or eBay. America Calloway started her shop, American Metal, when her modeling gigs dried up due to COVID-19. Alex aka @cultclassique is a South London-based Top Seller who joined Depop in 2016. Put the items that get the most attention at the very top of your depop shop; Pick a nice theme for your depop product photos - examples of nice theme ideas for depop includes : Style your models well even if you are selling one item, add in accessories on the model that makes the actual product look nicer. Depop is like Instagram or Twitter, in the form of a shopping app. You dont need special equipment or skills to make your photos great just grab your phone and start shooting. I reached out to depop, and they told me shop policy posts are okay. Here are other ways to see someones shop policies on Depop. Its also possible to connect your Instagram account and use Stories to drive sales. Set the MIN/MAX value of Waiting Time and Refresh Interval ( or you could just use the default setting ), then click the Turn On button. You keep hearing of how important Depop packaging is, but you may wonder how far, How much does it cost to ship with Depop? Ill shoot Depop an email today to ask instead of on Twitter. Find it on Depop. Heart eyes emojis galore. During these events, many buyers are looking to shop with great deals so offer discounts or promotions to attract more buyers. - All rights reserved. Do you need a business licence to sell on Depop. Also, remember to be honest on your listings all the time. First of all, Im jealous. Discover independent brands making waves and the creators behind them. Avoid transacting outside the Depop in order to protect you from fraud and scams. Follow as many shops and stylists as you can. Whats hot right now, other than baggy jeans? or "do you accept negotiations for this item?." Youll need good photos for all items listed on your shop, and thisll help your items sell more quickly. Connect with other sellers by following their shop. Also, take note of the holiday seasons, whether it is Christmas, Halloween, or Black Friday. It was so easy.. Depop also sells convenient shipping labels in-app. The phone did not arrive after 2 days even though the seller said they'd send it next day . The best way to make sure youre covering all of these hidden costs? Then unfortunately its unlikely theyre willing to bend the rules for you, and its likely they state these terms because theyre concrete. Just go to your profile, click Share Shop and select 4 photos that best represent your Depop shop. W for me today after 10 incompetent depop support representatives finally got someone to review my account suspension. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of this secondhand platform. Depop is a peer-to-peer marketplace for the buying and selling of fashion items. Depop can be pretty fun, as its easy to spend hours scrolling through it without selling a thing. Do you mean the part where you can check the on or off boxes? So whether you have a bricks-and-mortar shop, tailoring service, or an online brand, read on for a step-by-step guide to setting up your Depop shop. As a seller, it is essential to be as detailed as possible in your product description. Add your Depop details to your social bios for increased visibility. I do nonetheless suggest to add your policies to each listing at the bottom - or at least this is what I do! If you notice that you are getting more likes than actual sales, maybe your buyers simply need a little push. Reviewing to see if they have a shop policy posting in their closet. Yep, it's as simple as that. If youre starting out or do not want to be lazy like me decide up front how you should handle.