We know that God does not "remember" things in the sense that He has forgotten. All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. Here's the definition: "Acknowledging what is right about God in praise and thanksgiving" (1 Chr. translation, interview, author | 7.2K views, 15K likes, 7.1K loves, 109K comments, 26K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Agyemang Elvis: ALPHA HOUR. If one part of a person's name sounds like another word, that can be a trigger for your memory. and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?read more.But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. These things I have spoken to you so that you may be kept from stumbling. Now, if I've found favor in your sight, please show me your ways so I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. The root of remember is to keep in mind or to be mindful. Who is awesome in His deeds toward the sons of men. How many times does the Bible say joy? Satan knows the pull of your fleshly desires. Then spake the chief butler unto Pharaoh, saying, I do remember my faults this day: and also I have heard the groaning of the sons of Israel, whom the Egyptians are causing to serve, and I remember My covenant. According to the Bible, a Christian is somebody who has faith in God. King Joash didnt remember the kindness that Zechariahs father Jehoiada had extended to him, but killed his son. For example, in Genesis 8:1, we are told "God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark," and sent a wind that caused the floodwaters to recede. "He's been right about a lot of things, so many things," Rogan said of Jones. Not only does Israel remember Yahweh, but Yahweh actually remembers his relation to his people. But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. And he said, As the LORD liveth, there shall not one hair of thy son fall to the earth. Answer # 1. And has raised up a horn of salvation for usIn the house of David His servant As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from of old Salvation from our enemies,And from the hand of all who hate us;read more.To show mercy toward our fathers,And to remember His holy covenant, The oath which He swore to Abraham our father. Believers are to remember God's commands Nu 15:38-40 See also Dt 8:1-2; Ps 103:17-18. Well, I have the silver. Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. By. The further suggestion that the remembering is merely to meditate on the past death and future coming of Jesus, the Lord, seems to be inadequate because it does not emphasize that he who is remembered is very much present at the memorial/remembrance. Bibliography. Good solid message from the word. These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me.For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God,With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival. Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget none of His benefits; But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings, partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated. The word tehillah shows up 56 times in the Old Testament. And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. It's not about sex, or money, or power. Psalm 143:5-16 "I remember to think about the many things you did in years gone by. Headings, footnotes and the books of the Apocrypha are not included. And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. "And now, O man, remember, and perish not." Mosiah 4:30. 4. But this isn't the only time in scripture that the command is given to "be still.". You shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. This cool graph starts with Genesis in the top left and ends with Revelation in the bottom right. For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. Remember, do not forget how you provoked the Lord your God to wrath in the wilderness; from the day that you left the land of Egypt until you arrived at this place, you have been rebellious against the Lord. The Lord turned and looked at Peter. For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lords death until He comes. So how many times does the Bible say "Be Still?". Do this in remembrance of me.. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Put away your laptop. Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah. 11. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, Before a rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times.. O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good. 9. The oath which He swore to Abraham our father, When your son asks you in time to come, saying, What do the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments mean which the, then you shall say to your son, We were slaves to Pharaoh in Egypt, and the, He brought us out from there in order to bring us in, to give us the land which He had sworn to our fathers.. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. Deuteronomy 6:12 Then take care lest you forget the Lord, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. Do you not yet understand or remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets full you picked up? "According to Strong's Concordance, the term God is mentioned 4473 times in 3893 verses in the KJV." Answer has 10 votes. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. Because he who is blessed in the earthWill be blessed by the God of truth;And he who swears in the earthWill swear by the God of truth;Because the former troubles are forgotten,And because they are hidden from My sight! (Now Absalom had taken and set up for himself in his lifetime a stone pillar that [is] in the valley of the king, because he said, "I have no son in order to remember my name," and he called the stone pillar by his name. Altogether, that is 7 times that Nehemiah pleaded with God to remember and not forget. To remember is a normal part of the activity of the human mind. The table below gives some word counts for four (4) popular versions of the Bible.*. the word - remember - appears 148 times. While he was dying, he said, May the Lord see and demand an account.. Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away: O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! While 783,137 words and 3,116,480 may seem to be a lot, there are others with even more. Proverbs 15:13 | View whole chapter | See verse in . They include only Seems like a moot point to me. Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again? The most discussed, and possibly the most important use of the theme of memory, is related to the Last Supper. Exo 32:13. The Book of Deuteronomy is rich in its call to remember the words and deeds of God. and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and gold multiply, and all that you have multiplies, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the. John uses the Greek word logos to describe Jesus "in the beginning," or before creation and time began. If you should mistreat (humiliate, oppress) my daughters, or if you should take other wives besides my daughters, although no one is with us [as a witness], see and remember, God is witness between you and me.. And the sons of Israel sighed because of the bondage, and they cried out; and their cry for help because of their bondage rose up to God. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord. Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body. As for the matter about which you and I spoke, remember that the LORD is a witness between us forever.". And Litemind explains how the major memory system for numbers works. Glad to see you in service to our Lord, Chuck! And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen,And everyone his brother, saying, Know the Lord,For all will know Me,From the least to the greatest of them. Jehovah, in Thy wrath reprove me not, Nor in Thy fury chastise me. The most-used Book of Mormon word, "unto," signifies to me the very purpose of this sacred record. He is not here, but He has risen. Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. Psalms 73:26 | View whole chapter | See verse in context. To seal both vision and prophet. With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival. One of the most beloved scriptures is Psalm 46:10: "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.". Or the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many large baskets full you picked up? For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org. He also remembers his covenant with Noah ( Gen 9:15 ). 2 And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you () these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, () testing you () to know what was in . Grace be with you. Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. It can also mean a right acknowledgment of self before God in confessing sin (Lev . Remember the former things long past,For I am God, and there is no other;I am God, and there is no one like Me. Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, I have no pleasure in them.. Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments and His ordinances and His statutes which I am commanding you today; otherwise, when you have eaten and are satisfied, and have built good houses and lived in them,read more.and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and gold multiply, and all that you have multiplies, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. (2) The words "hear" or "listen O Israel" are found 6 times in the NIV and the NASB. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, Know the Lord, for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, declares the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. International Standard Version Copyright 1996-2008 by the ISV Foundation. These things His disciples did not understand at the first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written of Him, and that they had done these things to Him. Add Our Infographic Below to Your Pinterest Board Hit the pin button below to add our infographic, with all the verses, to one of your Pinterest boards. The grammar, structure, and style of those . sense of being "concerned about" and is related to the word . Remember, Ill wait at the fords of the wilderness until word comes from you to inform me.. Additionally, there are over 100 other references of jesus alluding to specific old testament scriptures in the gospels, so if jesus quoted the old testament verses over 60 times, then we should also be following jesus and have the scriptures not only on . It shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the Lord, so as to do them and not follow after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you played the harlot, so that you may remember to do all My commandments and be holy to your God. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit., Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in Gods way?, When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.. Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations: And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Thus it came about, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when He overthrew the cities in which Lot lived. Peter thought maybe seven times might be a fair limit. Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name. Not a few modern liturgists insist that the eucharistic memorial or remembrance is an objective act in and by which the person and event commemorated is made present or brought into the here and the now. "Connect your name snapshot to the face . God's Word can overcome the words of Satan; God's Spirit can overcome the temptations of Satan. The Lords lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,For His compassions never fail. Immediately a rooster crowed a second time. Someone joked with me and said, "If God acts forgetful, then this answers the question of why the New Testament says . Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. The exodus or deliverance of Israel by Yahweh from Egypt is central to this remembering (see 5:15 ; 15:15 ; Deuteronomy 16:3 Deuteronomy 16:12 ; Deuteronomy 24:18 Deuteronomy 24:22 ; and cf. or where were the righteous cut off? When its variants are counted, that number jumps to more. Holman Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Their messages speak of "the voice of the Son [coming] unto me" (2 Nephi 31:12), teaching me to . The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt; Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. The word anamnesis [ajnavmnhsi"] also occurs in Hebrews 10:3, "those sacrifices [of the temple] are an annual reminder of sin." God saw the sons of Israel, and God took notice of them. how many times is resurrection mentioned in the bible. "But" is my favorite word in the Bible. Seeking the Gospel in Malachi, the Last Book of the Old Testament. But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. Connect the new name or face with a visual image. Almost half of the 574 occurrences in the New Testament are in the four Gospels. What Does It Really Mean That Your Body Is a Temple? A simple way to think of Simple for us is that tehillah means a song or hymn of praise. New American Standard Bible Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.read more.Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. The grammar, structure, and style of those languages So God heard their groaning; and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Don't move past this too . Do not forget; there is a price tag on sin. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. We know that the dead body of Jesus was never anointed. Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it; seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction; for thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt in haste: that thou mayest remember the day when thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of thy life. Believers are to remember the death of Jesus Christ 1Co 11:24-28; Lk 22:17-20 Second read-through: Read out loud, adding intonation and inflection to your . so that you may remember to do all My commandments and be holy to your God. You shall answer and say before the Lord your God, My father was a wandering Aramean, and he went down to Egypt and sojourned there, few in number; but there he became a great, mighty and populous nation. This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles. Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. Feb 4, 2015, 02:20 PM EST | Updated Feb 10, 2015. For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God. Interlude. All the commandments that I am commanding you today you shall be careful to do, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the. Luke connects the command with the word over the bread and Paul with both the word over the bread and the word over the cup. He restores my soul. My God, remember Tobiah and Sanballat for what they have done, and also Noadiah the prophetess and the other prophets who wanted to intimidate me. For example, Jesus asked the disciples if they remembered the five loaves for the five thousand in order to encourage faith ( Matt 16:9 ; Mark 8:18 ). "Listen" is found 331 times and the majority of these passages in some way deal with listening to the Lord. Remember the word that I said to you:'A servant is not greater than his lord.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;And His song will be with me in the night,A prayer to the God of my life. Remembering the courage and blamelessness of the apostles ( Acts 20:31 ; 1 Thess 2:9 ) or the good works within a congregation ( 1 Thess 1:3 ) also functions as encouragement in the Christian life. Deuteronomy is a book about remembrance. The question arises, When believers remember the deeds of God and when God remembers his relation to Israel what kind of remembering is in view? Exodus 20:8 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy., John 14:25 These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you., John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you., John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. the word - remembered - appears 57 times. Why are you in despair, O my soul?And why have you become disturbed within me?Hope in God, for I shall again praise HimFor the help of His presence. . I remember God, and I groan; I meditate, while my spirit grows faint. Jesus always put the 'if' on man's side and never on God's side. and a literal word-for-word translation is not possible. the word - remembrance - appears 51 times, As many times as it is listed in a good exhaustive concordance. And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. Several times in the Bible, the phrase God remembered is used. And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body. Adults laugh between 7 and 15 times a day," says Dr. Kataria, "Everyone's naturally good at laughing. Speak to the sons of Israel, and tell them that they shall make for themselves tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and that they shall put on the tassel of each corner a cord of blue. The word mnemosunon [mnhmovsunon], meaning memory or memorial, occurs in the significant story of the woman who anointed Jesus ( Mark 14:3-9 ). For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.. This book is meant to draw me unto the Father and His Son. Peter asked Jesus how many times should he forgive his brother. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live?