We packed a cooler with some drinks and sandwiches then got adult drinks from the. Boca Pistol, named because the force of the waves shoots out" from shore has been inaccessible by car due to the rains this winter. The fee to enter the beach is 6 ANG or 3.50 USD. Cas Abao Beach is not that far away from the Cruise Port. Can You Walk to a Beach From the Curaao Cruise Port? This will take you over the big bridge, very impressive and yes, I'm one of the nuts who stop at the end of the ramp with the tour busses for a photo. There are many beaches close to the cruise ship and all are less than an hours drive from the Curaao Cruise Port. What restaurants are near Cas Abao Beach? Playa Piskado is also a 50-minute drive from the Curaao Cruise Port. This beach club gives me bohemian vibes all the way and is the epitome of luxury and comfort. Is there an area to park a car at this beach if I plan on driving a rental here? A large number of cruise passengers choose to book a shore excursion that includes a visit to Mambo Beach. Now, depending on whether you stopped at Shete Boca, Watamula is a little over a mile past the Lodge Kura Hulanda. Here is a suggested itineray of the west end. The nicest beach in close proximity would be the seaquarium/mambo beach. The ride to the beach will take you into the Curaao countryside. Take a right. Zanzibar is the place to go for lunch. It is a fast and efficient way for cruisers to get to Mambo Beach. Cas Abao is a reference to the 17th century plantation house Cas Abou that was located in the middle of a medium-sized plantation. Taxi rates are mostly flat fees, according to the Curaao Tourism Authority. An extensive overview of all facilities can be found in our latest blog: Cas Abao Beach: Everything You Need to Know. If you haven't stopped anywhere you'd have time to visit Cas Abou. Are you going to visit Curaao by ship and would you like to know more about the beaches near the Cruise Terminal? Kenepa has two beautiful coves that are among the islands most popular beaches. Visitors who want to combine a day at the beach with an outdoor activity have come to the right place at this beach. Kas Abao is almost 10 minutes further than Porto Mari. A traduo no funcionou. Does this beach have any lockers for rent to store valuables? 90% of travelers recommend this experience. I know the island and many little short cuts. (You have now driven a circle almost back to the main rotary with ugly metal statue. Hi there! Keep following this road for about 15-20 minutes. It was well worth it to see!!! So much for the elite club. The ride is over before you know it. You can have more than 4 if you find others to share the ride. We are talking about a distance of 7 kilometers or 4.3 miles. You can hike up and down in under an hour if you book it. Maalweg. Brightly colored fish and turtles circle above the reef. Very nice snack bar right in the middle had reasonable prices. Its quite an experience to be able to swim alongside these gorgeous animals. Tours to Cas Abao can often be booked on board, but it is also an option to book an excursion once you set foot ashore. Beach beds are not included in the entrance fee. There are beach activities at Cas Abou. The best part? The price for a beach bed is ANG 5.00 or USD 3.00. . At the beach, entrance fees, snorkel equipment, and even bottled water . The art of creating a perfect cocktail requires a balance of flavors, textures and Hi! I usually can fit in a stop for a Loempia (giant spring roll) and/or a Gelato Ice Cream for a snack. Blue Bay Beach is a 15-minute drive from the Curaao Cruise Port. She has been taking guests out on dives since 2006 and started her own Diveshop in 2014. Klein Curacao has the longest and whitest beach. At Blue Bay beach you can find a bear bar, beach restaurant coast, and bistro Lemongrass. Caracasbaai also has coarse sand and is popular because it is part of the islands underwater park. This powder-fine sandy beach is a place where locals and tourists alike love to spend their day. To enter the beach, you have to pay an entrance fee of 6.00 USD or 10,00 ANG, per car. You could stop across from the church for a photo but I stop a little past it in a parking lot at Playa Forti for a better photo. Warning: Do not touch or interfere with them. Besides that, the ambiance is just really nice and cozy. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. You can go diving, snorkeling, or book a relaxing massage at the Sensi Spa beach hut. Turn right and take the second exit at the roundabout. People often still refer it as Bon Bini Beach. Cas Abao is a white sand beach will full facilities. This is a perfetc example how can greed destroy otherwise top-notch experience. A visit to Playa Piskado is a popular excursion that can be easily combined with a beach day at Grote Knip. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Unfortunately, most of them require a fee for access unless you are staying at a resort. Grote Knip is a 50-minute drive from the Curaao Mega Pier Cruise Terminal. Read: Mambo Beach: The Best Boulevard in Curaao. By booking your shore excursion through Viator using our links and widgets, you will support this blog at no cost to you. #cu. If you take a left at the intersection though and immediately pull over you'll have an excellent chance of seeing flamingos. It is a fast and efficient way for cruisers to get to Mambo Beach. It's a right just past a car wash. The beach of Blue Bay is accessible to people who would like to spend their day at the private beach. Porto Marie is a very nice beach. But we also saw busses which brought people from cruise ships to this beach. Playa Kalki is a small cove with a diving platform. A regular beach chair at both beach clubs costs USD 11,50 or 20,00 NAFL. You can bring your snorkel, but there are also snorkels for rent. My name is Roxanne , 30 years old and born in the Netherlands, This means that you have to pay an entrance fee to gain access. Take a left and another left to get back on the ring road. Cabana Beach is also a 15-minute drive from the Cruise Terminal. Almost immediately after turning on the main road there is a small, very small chapel on the right that is rarely opened but you can read the plaque on the outside and look into the windows. Yes. The bar beside Cas Abou was expensive, didn't have burgers, and instead offered real small lousy ham & cheese sandwiches for at least $5 each. So I would say, go by the tour busses from the habour, they will wait at beach to bring you back. On the Sandy side note that the waves were bigger and a bit of a tide. By booking a tour or excursion through Viator, using the link on our website, you will support Exploring Curaao at no cost to you. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. I recommend you to read our blog post: 10 Best Curaao Beaches Near the Cruise Port. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Read: How to get to Cas Abao from the Cruise Port. Why to put a big photo of a lady taking a sunset pic next to the beach entrance, when it is impossible to take one? Most cruise passengers arrive at Cas Abao on a shore excursion. Are you looking for that beach that feels like paradise? Cas Abao offers secured parking, showers, restrooms and the possibility to rent a locker so you can store your most valuable belongings. I've visited Curaao for the first time in 2011 and moved to the island one year later. In this blog we will tell you everything you need to know about Cas Abao Beach. The beach combines a natural country setting with all the conveniences of a full service beach. How to get to Mambo Beach from the cruise port? From this road, you can follow the signs Cas Abao. To enter Cas Abao Beach, you have to pay an entrance fee of $6 USD or NAFL 10, per car. I've been going for 12 as a resident here. View all hotels near Cas Abao Beach on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Cas Abao Beach on Tripadvisor. I suggest reserving a car ahead of time. Read: Can You Walk to a Beach From the Curaao Cruise Port? The colorfu, Many islanders and tourists agree on one thing: De, The @curacaorifmangrovepark has opened its doors l, It's beginning to look a lot like cocktails! The art of creating a perfect cocktail requires a balance of flavors, textures and Hi! There will be triangular signs with the point up and with an arrow in it; you have the right of way. It is recommended to bring swimming shoes, but its not really necessary. At the rotary barely get on and take the first turn off. Weve selected the perfect shore excursion that takes you to the Shete Boka National Park, Kleine Knip Beach, The Flamingo Sanctuary, Cas Abao Beach, and Playa Grandi (swimming with sea turtles)This includes pick up and returnat the cruise port. Does the bay look familiar to you? Approx a mile on the left will be the flamingo watching area. Posted March 12, 2012. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. First stop at Flamingo Park to catch sight of and learn about the brightly colored birds that live there. From the cruise port, you will follow the Arubastraat to drive over the Koninging Juliana Bridge. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Ocean Encounters West Dive op is there. Nowadays the beach is more commercial and many tourists have also found their way to Cas Abao. You are now driving on the Pater Euwensweg. Curaao beaches near the cruise port are few in number compared to other Caribbean destinations. If you see an empty triangular sign with the point down, you need to yield. Transfer to Kokomobeach/Cabana/Mambo beach/Sea Aquaruim Park is $10 a person ROUNDTRIP! My name is Roxanne , 30 years old and born in the Netherlands, A visit to commercial beaches such as Jan Thiel and Mambo Beach is always a good idea if youre aiming for comfort near the Cruise Port. The view over the ocean from the cliff at Porto Mari is amazing. This applies to a maximum of 4 people. It is a beautiful picture and you will not get bored during the ride. In addition, the beach features a beach bar and restaurant, a massage palapa, and a dive shop. There is a short cut but I'll send you a more direct route. We visited 7 beaches in Curaao and this is the best one! This place makes you think of a laidback surf hangout. It is closed on Mondays. It is a house built on land given to one of the first freed slaves. On Sundays and holidays, this amount is $7 USD or NAFL 12.50. This road is called the. Cas Abao Beach is open daily from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Booking an excursion will in most cases be cheaper than the taxi fares. Its basically a divers dream come true. The ocean will be on your right and the cruise ships just a couple of miles down the road. As I write this I have Ojays "Use Ta be My Girl" playing in my head b/c this was our favorite beach. Porto Marie is bigger and my personal favorite. Tip: Share a taxi with fellow passengers if you are with fewer people. The taxi driver I use every time I'm in Curacao is Alex taxi number 94. Cas Abao beach has one of the most unique spots for snorkeling and/or scuba diving, just ask Brigitte, the owner of B Diving & Watersports, located on the far right corner of the beach. The fee to enter Mambo Beach is USD 3,50 or 6,00 NAFL. Take a right at Jaanchies and a left behind the cemetery. The best snorkeling spot can be found along the rocks on the left side of the beach. When entering the water you may encounter small pebbles, but there are no large stones to hurt your feet on. Muchas gracias. Longer shoreline, smooth sand, clear waters, nice to swim and snorkel! Cas Abao is ideal for swimmers of all ages and its reefs are a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers. Blue Curaao is a staple in the world of mixology and has been enjoyed in cocktails and mix drinks for decades. Follow; Follow; Cas Abao Beach 2023 How to get to Cas Abao from the Cruise Port. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. In addition, the return trip to the cruise port has already been scheduled. By booking a tour or excursion through Viator, using the link on our website, you will support Exploring Curaao at no cost to you. You are now driving on the, . The bigger issue would be getting back as there is not a taxi stand at the beach. Curaao beaches are popular for diving and snorkeling. 19 Recommended Bus Tours They told the front desk clerk they were members of the hotel chains elite club, they were on the island because of a cruise stop, and they wanted to use the beach. Cas Abao Beach and Klein Curaao are, without a doubt, the most important ones. Blue Bay Curaao: A Paradise Beach Close to the Cruise Port. Always on the road to discover the Island. Read: Tugboat Wreck: The Best Snorkeling Spot Near the Beach. Blue Curaao is a staple in the world of mixology and has been enjoyed in cocktails and mix drinks for decades. This blog post has helped many cruisers to find the bestbeach that meets their needs. The beach is popular among both tourists and locals! I start out by leaving the cruise ship as though driving to Punda. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. At the top of the hill is Landhuis Knip. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Just behind it there is a blow hole, I call the eye of the island. There are several beaches near the cruise ship. Always on the road to discover the Island. Each additional visitor pays NAFL 2.50 extra. Make an arrangement with a cab driver to pick you up going back. Immediately take a right on a small road that will bring you to Westpunt Bay and the local fishermen. Always on the road to discover the Island. You will harm the turtles by doing so. To enter Cas Abao Beach, you have to pay an entrance fee of $6 USD or NAFL 10, - per car. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. The sign is written on a long mango colored wall. You could hike if you went early. You will encounter a lot of dry scrub and cacti along the way. You can also visit Playa Kalki which is a small cove known for snorkelers and divers. The Curacao Private Beach Hopping / Snorkeling Tour, The best Full-Day Beach Hopping in Curacao, Beach Cruise Along The West Coast Of Curacao, Swimming with sea turtles & Grote Knip Beach - Best island excursion, Full Day Catamaran Trip to Klein Curacao With BBQ Lunch, Beach Hopping Curacao; UTV/Buggy All Inclusive Semi Private Tour. Does anyone have a recommendation for "dependable" transportation to and from a nice beach. The vast majority of the beach was roped off for cruise ship guests yet to arrive. Even though Willemstad is the cruise port, it doesnt mean the beaches are near it. The beach and facilities are fine, but there are much nicer beaches to choose from when visiting the island. A large sign points the way. 100% of travelers recommend this experience. Keep following this road until the end. The sign will say St. Willibordus. This beach was recommended to me by a local tour guide. It is open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Daaibooi Baai is a small bay also close to Willemstad. Get forecasts each morning for every major island. Curacao is known for snorkeling and diving. You'll pass Playa Jeremi and then come to a stop sign. My name is Roxanne , 30 years old and born in the Netherlands, ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13153257', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Curacao is much more than just a beach island, that is probably why only 3 hours is spent on the beach. I have a cairn near by the area where you can hear the island breathe. Curacao, thanks for your input about Porto Mari. We had to pay full entry fee, luckily we didnt rent any sunbeds and sunshade, as we had to left the beach before 6 PM. Willemstad is what sets Curacao apart from the rest of the Caribbean islands. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. you will drive through a wooded area where the road splits. There is a beach bar and a place where you can paint your souvenir. The beaches have only a few small snack bars. The exit to the beach is on the left. Curaao is a Caribbean island paradise, known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant culture. Take a right and then a left to Playa Lagun. , using the link on our website, you will support Exploring Curaao at no cost to you. If you want a place in the shadow, you need to arrive early as all the parasols are fixed and quickly occupied. You can hardly miss it. A nice beach which is rather wide. They also serve a wide range of drinks such as sodas, beers, and frozen cocktails. Viator is a TripAdvisor company. Including one shower coin per bed. We went diving on our first date. But you can hear a bit about the islands history there. You will see what is so special about this bridge with your eyes. If you email them, Im sure they will email back with better information. Best Curaao Beaches Near the Cruise Port, Historic Willemstad Tour: Great Views, Dining and Shopping, Curaao Monthly Weather Averages: Rain, Temperatures, Curaao Hotel Vacations: Tips, Attractions, Weather, Blue Bay beach. Most people choose to visit Mambo Beach by taxi. Popular shore excursions are the Beach Hopping Tour, Swimming with Turtles & Grote Knip combination, or a visit to Cas Abao. The beach is popular among both tourists and locals! Cas Abao is one of the largest beaches in Curaao. A short distance after will be the Kas di Pal'I Mashi, A House of Corn. The following links go to a major national excursion company that provides more details on each package. You can go by car and there are chairs to people with limitations, Whats the easiest way to get there from the cruise port. The entrance fee might be included in this price, but you have to check with your tour operator. Kas Abao is almost 10 minutes further than Porto Mari It is quite nice and has full/full service. They are the tourist beaches Pirate Bay and Mambo Beach and the public beaches of Marie Pampoen and Piscadera (Parasasa beach). Love to write, snorkel and watch pinky-orangish sunsets at the beach. There is a short walk at Hofi Pastor where you will find an 800 year old tree. #cu. Like almost all beaches in Curaao, Cas Abao is located in a bay, between a mighty rock formation that makes you feel as if you were stranded somewhere on an uninhabited island. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. If they are divers it is possible to get in two dives (I take them to our house reef)if you head straight to a dive shop and do a quick tour of the island. . At the end of this street, turn left. Espero puedas ayudarme! Cas Abao is ideal for swimmers of all ages. We dont often stop at the Hato Caves mainly because there are some steep stairs for the older crowd and many people have seen caves elsewhere. Facilities include a snack bar, dive shop and a nearby restaurant. If you want to go to Mambo Beach with a rental car, you can park it at the large parking lot at Mambo Beach Boulevard or the parking lot next to the Kontiki Beach Resort, at the entrance of Cabana Beach. , place to get a beachside massage and plenty of parking. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. You can get to the beach by taking the Weg naar Westpunt (The only road that leads from Willemstad to Banda Bou). Curacao might have many charms to it, but its biggest charm is its beautiful city. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Love to write, snorkel and watch pinky-orangish sunsets at the beach. Write a Review; Boards; Log . You can also rent beach beds on this beach. Tropical fish make a grand appearance and lobsters and crabs can be found in the gaps between the corals. They have a little restaurant, bathrooms, an open-air dive shop, place to get a beachside massage and plenty of parking. 95% of travelers recommend this experience. Cas Abao Beach is located in an area where not many taxis pass. Kokomo beach is a popular beach among cruise passengers as it is not far from the Cruise Port. #cu. #cu. You can rent beach beds at one of the several beach clubs. Terrible business attitude. Unfortunately, we could not find a beach within walking distance of the cruise terminal. Will you be visiting our beautiful islandby ship and would you like to get more detailed information about the beaches near the Cruise Port? We are talking about a distance of 28 kilometers or 17.4 miles. I didn't like how everything was roped off for cruise ship tours with caution tape because it looked unnatural but we were part of that group and paid about $50 USD each to go to the beach from the terminal in Willemstad. Bonita Beach Club is a cozy laidback beach where you can get a taste of the real Caribbean lifestyle. Beautiful villa with swimming pool and breathtaking sea view! Until I read this entire post about snorkeling at Cas Abao, I assumed that was a beach just for swimming and, according to Frommer's, "the brightest blue water in the Caribbean"!! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Cas Abao can provide you just with that. Their Pia Colada is a must try!! Curaao is a Caribbean island paradise, known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant culture. Its about a 15-minute drive from the cruise port in Otrobanda to the entrance of the beach. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.