Find Salaries Clear All 2. Where do I sign up? The founder of the airline is David Neeleman, the same guy behind JetBlue. 1. Eight hours plus. With Avelo Airlines having launched operations yesterday, Breeze Airways is expected to be the next US airline startup to begin flying. Past Flight Receipts. So theres not much benefit to jumping ship and resetting your seniority at another airline. The airline is hiring both pilots and flight attendants, given that its close to launching operations. Those were sure great times, what happened? Take it easy. Read on. If the labor model is as stupid and exploitative as you seem to believe it is, it will fail. anything less than market rate? There isn't enough information to know whether this is a good deal or a bad deal for the "part timers" potentially taking this work. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. We pay the least to all our staff! This is a prime example of how capitalism is at the cancer stage in the United States, and rapidly approaching stage 4. You don't get any insurances. Barracks or proper housing and will the company take it out of their paycheque? Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. The LDS coming from the Beehive State have, at the end of the day, always thought of its team members really as worker bees. This year is unique in pilots employment, but when the majors start hiring again, they will love poaching all the pilots from Breeeze! You have successfully joined our subscriber list. So, before any taxes at all, they would be looking at $20-30/hr. Failing that, they were determined to not pay one dime more than their competition. David Neeleman, the founder of Breeze Airways, also started JetBlue not too long ago, but the pilot payscale for both companies is quite different. Have you gone to college? Not sure if labor pool for whom the model fits is really large enough to support high turnover baked into the model or can support scale to provide regular flight frequency but we'll see. So you can make $1200 in a month only working 80 hrs a month. I am sure they expect this, but will like to see what happens. Im sure theyd leap at the chance to earn USD given the depreciation of the R$. 8 hours reserve gets 4 hours of pay $38 per hour. share. I'm much more concerned about the pilot pay scale than whatever arrangement Breeze works out with its FAs. Unfortunately flying is something easy to be passionate about, and the industry takes advantage. The industry does need an overall. 2) Free Travel! Flight Attendants are hired because they are qualified to provide safety & service. The number of terrible domestic airlines keeps increasing. Attn: Airline Pilot Central Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. 3 Your speculation about FA rest and workload is also rank speculation. I'm glad to see you're excited to join the industry. Captains will be paid $117 per hour in year one, and $143 per hour in year six This job is not nor intended to be for every young person. CORRECTION for the above; should be as follows: - like airlines based in countries that still allow for hiring and firing based on age., Apologies for the error! Never found out what would happen if you fall below 3.0. Maybe 3 hours. All around me were developers making millions of dollars of year in salary and stock options, and there was little old me, paid hourly making about $28,000 a year in an expensive city. Interesting. My regional got dumped by United and now Im at another regional at the bottom of a seniority list making way less money with bad work rules flying the same tail numbers I did before. This company is bad for the US economy and society. Let him eat his own crap for breakfast lunch and dinner. When it comes to Breeze Airways, theres good news and bad news. I knew one guy that slept in the crew lounge and wandered DEN between trips. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Pros - quick getting on plane and sitting down, a few empty seats, very fast getting luggage back to you Cons - You have to pay extra for any seat you choose. There is no coercion, there is no exploitation - if the pay is too little, pilots won't join and they'll have to revamp their compensation structure to entice people to join. While we do try to list all the best miles and points deals, the site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. Add to that COVID and these poor guys will have NO CHOICE but to fly for these asshats. Neeleman is known for building airlines with great cultures, but I kind of have a hard time getting behind this whole concept at Breeze. Spirit passengers, not so much. That rate of pay is so low and that availability schedule requires so much flexibility that I have to imagine he isn't targeting primarily college students, who have class schedules to contend with, but high school graduates and GED holders up through their early 20s. Idea sounds interesting but that pay scale and hiring model is trash. 2. FO Adam absolutely nailed it. Certainly in today's world that is a luxury. The airline carrier has opted to utilize a fleet of Embraer 195s. The estimated base pay is $3,842 per month. They had over a hundred applicants. Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. May I ask the age range that they are seeking @TravisFromORD? Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners, Theyll receive $6,000 towards tuition for online coursework, Expect most Breeze tickets this summer to cost well under $100 one-way, When Breeze takes delivery of A220s later this year the airline will offer a first class, and expect those tickets to cost an extra $50-100 one-way, Breeze will charge $20 for checked bags on flights under three hours, Breeze wont charge change or cancelation fees, Breezes trip costs will be 25-30% lower than for competitors with A320s or 737s, While Breezes Embraer aircraft will have 108-118 seats, the airline will be able to break even when selling just 60 seats, Since the lease costs on Breezes planes are so low, the airline can afford to keep the planes parked during the week when demand is low, and fly them primarily on weekends, when demand is much higher, It sounds like Breeze is going to have an unheard of cost structure that will put virtually any other airline to shame; if the airline can really break even with a 50-55% load factor all while operating fairly small planes (that are easy to fill), Breeze will be a force to be reckoned with, Breeze is claiming that technology will be a true point of differentiation, though I feel like virtually every airline executive claims that about their own airline; only time will tell if this is all talk, or if Breeze has done something that no other airline has successfully done, Its so strange to me how Neeleman is known for building airlines with incredible corporate cultures and employee morale, where employees are able to grow with the airline, while hes seemingly taking a different approach with Breeze; I wonder how Breeze will evolve over time. The average salary for Flight Attendant at Breeze Airways in the United States is $19.64 per hour, which is 14% below the national average. It's not like America's legacy airlines are immune to hiring very young, very inexperienced people. I will make $15-20 per hour for my hard work on average when you figure all the work we do for free. I sure appreciate it. It is a pity that in this country, health care should fall on the shoulders of an employer or the employee. 4) $6,000 annually towards my tuition! You can work at a lot of fast food places and now get $15 an hour plus benefits. Please use the form below to submit updates and corrections to the airline information found on this site. You seem to be an angry young man. Chances if you have surgery, you already have. I am over the moon thrilled! Second, the amount of flights they'll even have to offer in their first year or two is relatively small but not surprising for the type of flying they're doingie. Rebook or cancel up to 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure without penalty. Posts: 36,185. Of course this wont last as the market rebounds, but the die will have been cast for what they think of their employees. Salary; Breeze Airways Flight Attendant - Full Time ORF: Breeze Aviation Group: Norfolk, VA: $34K-$53K: Breeze Airways Flight Attendant - Full Time PVU: Breeze Aviation Group: Provo, UT: $39K-$60K: Breeze Airways Flight Attendant - Full Time TPA: Breeze Aviation Group: Tampa, FL: $33K-$53K: Intern Procurement - Summer 2023: Breeze Aviation . Do you see 50 yo or 70 yo lifeguards on the beach? According to the hiring website, the maximum you can work is 60 hours a month and a maximum of 12 days. As an MD and introducing herself to patients as "Doctor", her salary started at about $30,000. Thanks !! JetBlue is the only other major US airline to fly Embraer 190/195s, proposed pilot pay is the free market at work, Introduction: Four Times Across The Atlantic. Most helpful comments ( as chosen by the OMAAT community ). The new carrier, founded by serial aviation entrepreneur David Neeleman first teased the idea, code-named Moxy, in mid-2018. Students hired by Breeze under the program, however, can only work as flight attendants while they are completing the university course. Housing is expensive. Bottom line: Supply and Demand principles are at play. Even liberal-minded folks who support workers grow to hate the rhetoric surrounding unions and union actions. For those who get hired by Breeze in this first round, I would imagine they'd be happy campers in a few years. And many of the commenters on here will fill seats when UA is 5x the price on Are all the posts from FAs at other airlines? They better start changing the pilot pay or pilots will start leaving to China and make real time money up there . No person interactions. Not Verified | Breeze is an interesting new airline with pros and cons. Failing that, they were determined to not pay one dime more than their competition. How innovative. Not everyone is born into wealth and that could be one of the deciding factors for people to apply. Not how youd describe most 70-year-olds. 1) Free Housing! When I spoke to Utah Valley Univ recruiters they hinted heavily the program was designed for the under 25 crowd. The sharpest students looking for a college education do not choose online learning only from a second-tier state school. But lets say you have a couple of days off. You don't get any insurances. Spirit airlines is one of the most profitable airlines in the world proving that many people care more about price than most other things on flights. I wish more airlines provided housing options. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for sure. The systems are good at remembering my preferences though. As the app is described: That app, Neeleman says, is designed to convince customers to shell out for upgrades and extras, from food to rental cars, which Breeze is depending on to turn a profit. But.can't raise interest. I interviewed at Breeze a few months back. People forget that people have different life circumstances than their own. 5) I will meet many travelers and may be able to network my way into other opportunities when I As a college student, I love the idea! Hire new, low hours FO with a salary that is 30% lower than the market on the promise that they will be promoted to captain in 1 year. @Wendy B Gates - Breeze didn't specifically tell me I'm too old, they said I was overqualified. Love! Maybe wait and see? JetBlue First Officers: $89 an hour for year 1 and $130 an hour by year 6, Captains at JetBlue: $192 an hour to start, then a climb to $203 an hour by year. And its an immediate tip-of-the-hat to what their culture will be based onmoney is king, you dont matter. Expect most Breeze tickets this summer to cost well under $100 one-way When Breeze takes delivery of A220s later this year the airline will offer a first class, and expect those tickets to cost an extra $50-100 one-way Breeze will charge $20 for checked bags on flights under three hours Breeze won't charge change or cancelation fees This has been the business model of little outfits like this for 30 years. Well what about Maintenance. 2) housing: I am curious what housing? I think Breeze will likely be cheaper while SW offers 2 free checked bags. At least, I can't find that information. Unions. Sounds pretty abysmal. Good luck, Febreeze! An initial slate of 39 routes across 16. Go there to get flight time and then move on. After the carrier recently announced the hourly pay offered to pilots, however, the aforementioned description may not be satisfactory. Lots of waiting around and prep time. A 25 year veteran Flight Attendant is exactly who you want on a Flight if there's any type of emergency. Sure, theres the free market, but this also seems borderline exploitative. If adults want to work the jobs Breeze offers and are satisfied with it then there is no cynical exploitation, even though legacy unions might wish that it were so. Having been a flight attendant I can tell you 15 days is not part time. Kinda like most private sector unions. Frankly Im somewhere in the middle here. Nevertheless, Breeze Airways is still on track to launch in the US in the first quarter of 2021. Landing June 2023. Guess if you cannot beat them, whisper sweet anti-mormon cult. Interesting, @EMBCAPTN. It's not so nice to say, but the truth is that young untrained employees aren't always worth that much. The pay scale also looks good. Breeze Airways is a new airline thats expected to launch in the US in early 2021. Hey. The *interns* that get suckered into this are clearly being taken advantage of and exploited. But I guess everyone agrees that the duties of FAs are just going down day by day. According to Neeleman: Ive shared my general thoughts on Breeze in the past, though based on these updates I have a few more things to add: Breeze should be launching operations shortly, becoming the second new US airline to launch in a matter of weeks. It's that, or FO Adam absolutely nailed it. And they likely will try to launch with no union, am I right? Right now I believe there are more pilots than are needed. They relentlessly play the fear card, citing safety or at times implicitly threatening your safety. Would you pay your doctor, lawyer, nurse, even architect, engineer, electrician, plumber, welder etc. It was not seen until uploaded/posted :(. Each model comes with display stand, rolling gears, and is assembled and ready to display. Love it! Poor, poor me. I interviewed with them for cabin crew You must be enrolled at Utah Valley University full-time and maintain 3.0 GPA. S C A R Y. Off topic, sorry. All that said, I'm currently COO for a NON-union airline, and we will make sure we pay our pilots (and all employees) fairly with work conditions and benefits that will never have them needing a union to ask for more. A huge percentage of new flight attendants leave within the first year. I'm willing to bet that they will start service to Tampa. These comments are something else. Many of those interns go on to be millionaires, build businesses, and manage to be +5 insightful and funny. What do you make of these Breeze insights? I think these "internships" are not meant for people looking at a career as a flight attendant, but rather college age kids looking for a unique experience. 8 hours reserve gets 4 hours of pay $38 per hour. Started by JetBlue founder David Neeleman, Breeze Airways' inaugural flight from Tampa, Florida, to Charleston . Therefor your flight attendant is going to be exhausted/probably not happy and definitely not rested enough to perform optimally in an emergency. maximum takeoff weight), Note: PIC is defined as Captain or Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls, Valid FCC Radiotelephone Operators Permit, Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. drivers license, Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport, Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States, Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test, Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, MyIDTravel (preferred), or list at the gate, Monthly Pay Guarantee for Line Holders: 70 hours, Monthly Pay Guarantee for Reserves: 70 hours. This means pilots (not just new pilots ) are out there making with the government wants minimum wage to be. But, lets be clear: unless theres a fairly substantial number of mid-career/midlife/middle aged people among the flight attendants, apart from seeking to keep labor (and other) costs down, its hard to miss the happy coincidence of also having an angle/approach that just so happens to allow for forever young flight attendants - like airlines based in countries that still allow for to hiring and firing based on age. Im glad to see youre excited to join the industry. The estimated total pay for a Flight Attendant at Breeze Airways is $4,639 per month. (E-190) Expect this trend to accelerate in the next 3-5 years. Sounds very ME3. save. maximum takeoff weight), Must have 500 hours of PIC in large, Group II transport category aircraft (turbojet aircraft of more than 41,000 lbs. It does sound like not much at the moment, but I think the idea behind it, that for a starting Airline and in the pandamic, to only offer 55h minium is understandable. Almost every airline has it in the agreement that upon graduation from FA training you have to get yourself to whatever base they need crew at. Breeze Airways will initially fly Embraer 190s, but eventually plans to operate a fleet consisting exclusively of Airbus A220s. P Glotzer (United States) 1st March 2023. . This wage is above the federal minimum wage, includes housing and a $6k tuition credit. The next step from airlines would probably challenge the FAA rule of 1 FA per 50 pax. The pay scale also looks good. This page was updated on October 13, 2022 (Quicktake, Payscales, Fleet). May be this a good business model. And if I had a time machine I would go back and slap, poor, poor me silly and tell me to redirect my attention to the unlimited opportunities that were sitting right in front of me every day I drove across the lake and clocked into work. I'm a retired AA captain. The comments about this airline attracting the bottom of the barrel are unfair considering the circumstances. The comments in here are so disheartening. The average pilot will make more than this. PEOPLExpress anyone? And I agree with the fellow poster RE: all very young kids, limited work experience not what Id want in an emergency. You get what you pay for folks! All rights reserved. The most qualified and competent FA candidates will not be happy with a job that is Partying and hanging out with friends is what college students are supposed to be doing. The Breeze pilots, once hired, will see the minimum hour guarantee as a point of shame and quickly set up union representation. Why @sruart does the country really need more low wage perminent temporary jobs? For example, I recently wrote about how Breeze is only hiring flight attendants if they enroll full time in college, and live in company housing. Not if you wanted good work done. And their policy looks discriminatory to me as it seems to (without directly saying it) exclude any older, experienced flight attendants and those who are married. Impressive to see how discussion of new airline business immediately decedents into anti-religious bigotry. If its actually cheaper and leg room isnt a total disaster, their planes will be full. Young people / College students have an ability to enjoy activities that are very cheap / free. Can't wait to see more innovation!! Also, Breeze Airways may be a good solution for a pilot who only wants to rack up 55 hours each month with a lighter workload. And, it's not clear if they get health insurance as part-time employees. But after all these furloughed guys get hired, who then? The role of flight attendant will be more like an internship than a career, because Neeleman believes flight attendants dont improve much with years of experience, and that they can get trapped in a dead-end job due to the seniority system we see at other airlines: Its not something politically correct but its something David wholeheartedly believes in, says Trey Urbahn, a Breeze board member whos worked with Neeleman at several of his other airlines. It is a pity that in this country, health care Hello Travis and thank you for the advice. I wonder if their First Class will have free food and drinks (like JetBlue) or if they're taking the Spirit Big Front Seat approach. That minimum guarantee is just that, a minimum. So a lifelong career. Overall, it sounds like he spent his time in Brazil calculating every aspect of his U.S. comeback. Oh the horror of being open about the terms of the jobs and the compensation and then allowing potential flight attendants to decide if they want to accept the arrangement. Meanwhile my friends will be stuck in their entry-level cubicles. And its our fault. @rich Does your fast food place include housing as part of compensation? Nobody knows yet. Breeze Airways PAYSCALES CAPTAIN PAY SCALE (Hourly) FIRST OFFICER PAY SCALE (Hourly) PAY CALCULATOR (Click and drag the sliders) Pay Rate: $150 Credit Time: 75 Hours Bid Periods: 1 Percentage: 1 $11,250 PAY NOTES Monthly Pay Guarantee for Line Holders: 70 hours Monthly Pay Guarantee for Reserves: 70 hours PER DIEM Scheduled pay raises: Yearly They cost a lot to train up and cost a lot to manage. report. It's funny, isn't it the view of things changes upon where you're standing. If not enough apply because the pay is too low, then the company can decide if they want to raise their pay. Per the website, FAs can work a maximum of 60 hours per month. (Example: last day of training in Chicago they say you're assigned to Newark. This job is not nor intended to be for every young person. /s. And @Ben L. is still reminiscing the best cars in the world evar, made by 100% union labor in the 1980s. New. The bad news is that there may not be enough hours. At this point, offset the difference by instructing or other commercial needs. It's exactly what I have been saying for years. Yes, they are using and abusing us. I applied for a ticket/ramp/gate/baggage handler position and got the job. For a certain person, this could be an ideal job. The sharpest students looking for a college education do not choose online learning only from a second-tier state school. Some can force their way, others will accept any offer out of fear to lose their job. Anyone with a college degree need not apply to be a flight attendant, while the only reason to become a pilot at Breeze is if you have no other options pay is roughly on par with regionals, while requirements are significantly higher. And I think at the moment there are a lot of pilots looking for work. It can be very exciting and rewarding, but. What we have here is an attempt to hornswoggle naive, inexperienced workers by adding a meaningless term to an employment contract. The airline is expected to start selling tickets any day now, and I know many of us are curious about what the Salt Lake City-based carriers first routes will be. It's quite likely that Breeze wants the low minimum guarantee of 55 so that they can shrink their capacity in the low-demand months without paying pilots to sit. 1. A hundred years ago, Kendor would be talking about the joys of working one's way up from being a frontline Pinkerton goon to the guy commanding a whole squad of goons. Spirit may have higher "margins", i.e. It does sound like not much at the moment, but I think the idea behind it, that for a starting Airline and in the pandamic, to only offer 55h minium is understandable. What they do at launch and what they do 2 years later can be entirely different. At the end of the day your skill set is only worth what the market will pay. 1) Free Housing! It gets so tiresome. There are laws preventing this for a reason. Our fares are low! Neeleman is begging for a pilot union to quickly form on his new airline, whether he knows it or not. Who here wants to entrust their lives to "fresh" ill-paid FAs? No Per Diem. You and your self-interested cronies don't get to decide what type of jobs people choose to take. He learned his trade at the knee of Mitt Romney. I cringe at labeling jobs without limitless potential for professional growth as "dead-end". more like the lived way of another religious group who is willing to do ANYTHING to keep control in place, . *The whole "Home Monthly" is based on operational needs and must be scheduled 3 weeks prior. Breeze Will Pay Flight Attendants $1,200 Per Month, Wants To Ding Your Credit Card, Avelo Airlines having launched operations, Breeze Airways is expected to be the next US airline startup, expected to start selling tickets any day now, Breeze Airways views flight attendants as interns, Breeze wants you to buy a filet mignon sandwich, Breeze will have low fares, no change fees, Breeze has a huge cost advantage over competitors, Breezes controversial approach to hiring flight attendants, Should Babies Be Allowed In First Class? When I flew with Virgin America I was based at SFO, but lived in ORD. Our business address is: First officers will be paid $55 per hour in year one, and $94 per hour in year six Captains will be paid $117 per hour in year one, and $143 per hour in year six Pilots are only guaranteed pay for 55 hours per month of flying (this is really the worst part, since pilots at most airlines are guaranteed 75+ hours per month), First officers will be paid $55 per hour in year one, and $94 per hour in year six Its their choice. Same pattern emerges for Captains as well. On the small regional hops, inexperience is almost the default. The article also fails to factor in per diem amounts and the tax advantage that goes with that. Why are we encouraging a race to the bottom? I do not believe for a minute service will be worse than economy on AA or UA. Breeze Airways provides nonstop service between underserved routes across the U.S. at affordable fares. They are exploiting pilots. Before we get into the details of Breezes pilot pay, and compare it to pay at other airlines, note that: First year Breeze pilots will make $36,300. The a la carte formula is very popular whether you personally like it or not. Barracks or proper housing and will the company take it out of their paycheque? For what you spent in training together with what is intelectually asked of a pilot, pay is completely out of line with most smaller/regional airlines. Airline startup Breeze Airways is set to offer Pilots uncompetitive pay in comparison to the rest of the airline industry. Can you imagine just getting a text message your flight is canceled and you're rescheduled for 2 days laterand you can't call anyone to change it? MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands The comments on this page have not been provided, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any advertiser, and it is not an advertiser's responsibility to ensure posts and/or questions are answered.