They have several dozen board games! A very loooooooooong time ago! J & CHobbies has parts and accessories for a wide range of hobbies. This is one of the best hobby shops I've ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them.more, In fact it was recommended to me by the owner of another hobby shop when I told him I was lookingmore, They have an broad selection but I only go here for my RC needs. Irwin, Pa. 15642 Adding a business to Yelp is always free. Lego enthusiasts will enjoy Cobi blocks, which add a new dimension to Legos and are fully compatible with this kid favorite. Pittsburgh, Pa. 15216 You must be signed in to continue. Sadly most of them are now gone. Please enter valid email address to continue. I'm such a tree hugger I must recycle reuse and repurpose! Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about. more. Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop. (412) 678-7230. The services at this hobby shop are two-fold. Been to Downtown twice to see if they had a comic I was looking for (sometime this summer 2017, and today 10/27/17), and both times they were closed. When you deal with us, its the same as walking into your local shop. (412) 795-9344www.jchobbies.com. Burns Hardware was still around when I was a kid. They're local people, not part of any chain store, and they care about their customers.". Was it called Cranberry Hobby? Next time you go to a train show, pick up an old 40's or 50's Lionel Instruction manual that came with every train set. People also searched for these in Pittsburgh: See more model train shops in Pittsburgh. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop. I think Harry Neil and some of the old timers from that area belonged to that club. Search for other Comic Books on The Real Yellow Pages. The popular Estes Proto X and DJI Phantom 2 quadcoptersare both available at J&C Hobbies. The store was still jam packed with stuff everywhere. https://www.facebook.com/Bill-and-Walts-Hobby-Shop-200237342421/. I believe they were in one of those same locations on 51 but at a different time. The shop carries accessories for model cars and miniature die cast models. Get information, directions, products, services, phone numbers, and reviews on Bill & Walts Hobby in Pittsburgh, undefined Discover more Hobby, Toy, and Game Shops companies in Pittsburgh on Manta.com Loreskies cameras and hobbies in Miracle Mile shopping center. Eric, the owner, issuper nice and knowledgeable. The best kind of hobby is one that causes you to forget about everything else. MTH 22-20953-2 SD70ACe "Spirit of the Union Pacific" with Fixed Pilots and Scale Wheels, Premiminary NTSB report on East Palestine derailment, F/S (Updated) MTH Hiawatha Milwaukee 4-6-4 Hudson - Proto 3 Railking Imperial version - Reduced price, PRR fellas!lets build an S2!! Walt Frazier 1970-71 Topps #120 - NM - New York Knicks - Hall of Fame Sold by jeffsaltzman | Ends on 2023-03-14 00:09:00 STE 12 White Oak, Pa 15131. sales@billandwalts.com. OPEN NOW. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop 4 Hobby Shops $Downtown Open until 7:00 PM "Whoever owns Bill and Walt's Hobby Shop (if there even is a "Bill" or a "Walt" anymore) should be." more 8. 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This company business address is Unknown Pittsburgh PA. You can find this business by geo coordinates: 40 27' 28.5" N , 80 0' 35" W. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop was incorporated on Thursday 21st May 1953, so this company age is sixty-nine years, seven months and twenty-two days. The building had Lionel window signs, and had an outside re-configurable sign that read "Pre-order Lionel and MTH." Where was the Log Cabin Train Shop located, I remember the name but can't. They aremore, Whoever owns Bill and Walt's Hobby Shop (if there even is a "Bill" or a "Walt" anymore) should bemore, I did call a couple of times and was given some tips about my model trains.more, Great hobby shop in the North Hills. woulda like to have gotten there more often. Like metal miniatures? A year or two later, his store was on fire and he retired. Bill & Walt's Shop and Balsa Wood Shop's offers small woods like balsa and bass wood. I used each one year on my Christmas layout and they never saw the light of day again so they are like NIB. The first. We sell new and old comics, (many at discounted prices! ) But wait, there's more. We pack and ship your order ourselves, so you know we will take care of the contents inside. Call Eric the owner and ask for directions, t, I just wanted toadd but the last two pictures inthe set are inaccurate. Finally, you'll never receive email notifications about content they create or likes they designate for your content. more RealTrax from him at a very reasonable price, at the lastMonroeville train show. Dexknows - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. 1509 Lincoln Way They have agreat selection and we're very patient with my7year old and 11yearold. Bill & Walt's Hobby shop has grown from an electronic repair shop in the 1950's to a complete hobby shop. We utilize Secured Servers and encrypting all your private information and delete your credit card numbers, as an added security, once your order is shipped. But you can pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. I often visit for paint supplies. UPDATE (10/29/17): According to their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Bill-and-Walts-Hobby-Shop-200237342421/) they are moving "the basement of the Churazzi Law Firm,located on Smithfield Street, using the side grey door on first ave". Hobby & Model Shops Sports Cards & Memorabilia. They have those too. This is a review for hobby shops in Pittsburgh, PA: "They have an broad selection but I only go here for my RC needs. Read More Headquarters 101 Smithfield St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222, United States Phone Number (412) 281-9040 Website www.billandwalts.com Revenue <$5M Industry Great little place! The main door was closed, and there is a sign advertising a business space. We answer email questions from customers and potential customers usually within 24 hours, if possible. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. 2821 Brownsville Rd. I bought a caboose there a while back. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. I believe Woodruffs goes clear back to the late40's. Related:Best Running Clubs In Pittsburgh. Small but mighty, agreat spot tofind all kinds ofnerdful things. Buy on line and save, use the discount code local609 to save 10% on orders of $25.00 or more. - Bill and Walt's Hobby Shop: Website Description: You must be one of those youngsters -- you forgot Woodruffs. Steinzeit,You forgot a few from 50's & 60's, Monroeville Hobby Shop, and Cameras (Loreskies), Greensburg Hobby Shop (Colliers), Greensburg, Mondorfs (Mundon's Train Junction),Greensburg. Keith's Hobby Shop on Route 30 in North Huntingdon. If they don't have the parts they will order them for you if they can!". They have several dozen board games! 1509 Lincoln Way. $ 3 4 reviews on We are a Comic Book and Games Store ,primarily. You can find us at www.billandwalts.com Sales@billandwalts.com Pennsylvania I have a 1956 Lionel catalog with the front cover overstamped with Woodruffs name and address. As a resultwhat was oncethe largest toy maker in the world (Lionel) is now only a small player in the adult hobby field. 2. The store issmall but has tons ofstuff packedin. Preferred listings, or those with featured website buttons, indicate YP advertisers who directly provide information about their businesses to help consumers make more informed buying decisions. What did people search for similar to model train shops in Pittsburgh, PA? In thishobby shop I found a American Flyer #23791Cow On The Track accessory. Was it Burlands in one of the North Hills strip malls? We ship your order as fast as possible, but sometimes items that are out of stock, are on their way in or are about to be reordered, and usually extend the shipping time by a couple of days, just so that you can receive your order with a 100% fill rate. 1509 Lincoln Way. Current company status of this company is Active. I couldn't possibly list everything, but I'll add the most important thing to me - it's a family owned business. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop is located at 101 Smithfield St in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222. Pittsburgh, PA 15209 It was not really a store persay, but you could order trains thru their club. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop 1509 Lincoln Way White Oak, Pa. 15131 (412) 678-7230 www.billandwalt.com Bill & Walt's Hobby shop has grown from an electronic repair shop in the. I think they downsized also; I remember them being next to a Value City. It was across the street from Max and Erma's. This is your profile URL. We never leaving you hanging, waiting for an answer if you send us an email with a question. Company Number assigned to this business is 760331 . Obviously its not Hobby Express which has been in business in that Target shopping center for many years. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. There used to be 1 in Greensburg. There used to be a Bill & Walt's in Century III mall as well. We are not associated with any affiliate programs, we currently have over a half a million dollars in inventory to pull from, adding to it weekly. Thanks much, I was only in there one time and could not remember it's location. If you're interested in model trains, they have them in several scales. If you're interested in model trains, they have them in several scales. Mark's Hobby Warehouse The company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I believe his name might of been George. However everything is still in the store. Freight & cargo shipping and transportation, Passenger automobile and electric transport enterprises, Heating and water supply and sewerage systems. Brentwood, Pa. 15227 Jennifer Stockdale is a native of the greater Pittsburgh, PA area. First published on January 18, 2016 / 8:00 AM. We Repair RC Vehicles Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop Arts & Crafts Supplies Hobby & Model Shops Sports Cards & Memorabilia (412) 678-7230 1509 Lincoln Way White Oak, PA 15131 CLOSED NOW 3. Our commitment is to offer the best possible service to our customers, period. I believe you are thinking of Mundorfs. This spot is great. So, if you live in Westmoreland County or if you feel like going for a drive, this place is worth checking out. This warehouse is full of what you need for your radio control hobby, including a large selection of aircraft. Sometime during the late 70's I purchase two American Flyer #24533 Rocket Transport cars from Allan's Toy Land located in Butler. Good memory. Also, in Latrobe there was a shop filled to the ceiling with trains just stacked everywhere. I bought one of the Crescent 1925Engine Telephones from J&J, still in my living room today,had to clean it with Lysol and burn the box, to get rid of the smoke smell. Rail-fanning on The OGR Forum Welcome: Pictures YOU have taken! You can also find kits and accessories for wooden boats and aircraft. Can anyone confirm they are out of business? If your looking for something that you dont see, just ask. A great small shop with friendly service. George had a shop in the basement of his home on 11th street. They also have things I call "kitchen table crafts," things like stained glass kits and plastic crafts. Very cool, small shop! I used to spend hours and hours in there as a kid while my mom shopped. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop 1509 Lincoln Way, White Oak, PA Full service hobby shop. They have those too. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Hobby Express Vidkidz, OMG are you old enough to remember Trains n Things on RT 51? I believe it was on the second floor. We based it off your Twitter details. 2. It is a great place to find model trains as well as newly popular quadcopters, or drones, available with and without cameras. If we can get the item for you, well add it to our site and send you an email to let you know we can get it and a link to the page where you can view it and order it if you want. That's where I got bitten by the 2 rail bug. (412) 678-7230www.billandwalt.com. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat. I was in there a few times and also visited the card store. "Even today The foam inserts from the items I bought there smell". The store hasn't been there inmore than 20years and Ibelieve itwas adifferent owner. They aremore, Took my 2 year old son here last year, excited to buy him a model train.more, What is it about this place that makes you want to be creative? They cleared out of their spot near Harris Grill yesterday. Thank you for your time and have a fun time shopping, I had the traxxas rustler VXL 4x4 and decided to purchase a traxxas Sledge new from ACS Hobbies. I had the traxxas rustler VXL 4x4 and decided to purchase a traxxas Sledge new from ACS Hobbies. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop accepts credit cards. (412) 885-1723. They also have things I call "kitchen table crafts," things like stained glass kits and plastic crafts. I can remember getting misc Lionel cars and track there as well over the next few years. Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop - N, HO, O, O-27, and G gauge trains from Bachmann, Lifelike, Atlas, Lionel, Woodland Scenics, and more for sale online and in-store; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Very Quaint Little Hobby Shop.Well Organized. a building. (724) 863-1000www.htuirwin.com/. Cranberry Twp., PA 16066 Bill & Walt's Hobby Shop FIND US 1985 Lincoln Way STE 12 White Oak, Pa 15131 sales@billandwalts.com Tel: 412-678-7231 1-800-755-9462 OPENING HOURS: Mon - Fri: 11am - 6 pm Saturday: 11am - 4 pm Sunday: 11 am - 3 pm Last Name Subject Message The. Info Connections Comments . I have been trying to think of that Drug Stores name also, can't remember it. ODDO's Hobby Shop in McKeesport. You could barely move in it without knocking something down. The shift away from trains as a toy of choice began in the late 1960's and the market then became one of nostalgia. I. always find something unique totake home for areasonable price. It employs 1-5 people and has $0M-$1M of revenue. We started out as an electronic repair shop, adding trains and models during the holiday season which grew into a full service hobby shop by the 1960s.